Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mother of the Year

Just wanted to let everyone know- I am OFFICIALLY Mother-of-the-Year.

When Annistyn got sick last month, she started feeling bad one Thursday night. She ran fever on/off all day that Friday, but by Saturday- she was wanting to play at the park. She was fine that Sunday, but the fever returned on Monday. I called the doctor- they said to give her something for allergies. She still felt bad on Tuesday, so I took her in. She had Type A Flu. I felt AWFUL because I had not taken her earlier.

So last Friday night, she started feeling warm and we took her temp. It was 103.7!!!! We gave her Motrin and put her to bed. Saturday, I kept her home from her birthday parties because I was afraid she might have something. Still no other symptoms. She played outside, ran around screaming, ate normal... Sunday she acted fine and didn't have a fever. We had been planning a little girl's beach trip and if she said, "I want to go to the beeeaccch" one time, she said it a million times.

We packed her up and went on our trip. She had a blast (more about that in a minute) but on Monday, she didn't act like herself. She was very whiny and cried a lot. She started getting a rash, so Michael took her to the doctor Tuesday. She has strep throat. Great mother, huh?

In my defense- her well baby check up was Thursday afternoon and her ears and throat were fine. In fact- everything was fine. I'll bet you she GOT the strep from the doctor's office.

In other news- the weather has been BEAUTIFUL! We have been wearing all of our new Spring clothes!!!

A SMALL portion of the ones that I have already gotten in....




I am getting 1-2 a day and a bigger order will be here next week. So excited! I love when seasons change and you get to start a new wardrobe!

I took this one before church a couple of weeks ago...




She totally looks like her Daddy in these!!!

Here are a couple more...




We got the Barbie Jeep in. It was the other part of her birthday gift. She likes her "Bobbie Jeep".





She hasn't really enjoyed driving it yet. She wants Michael to push the peddle while she steers. I can't say I blame her. I had rather be driven around as well. :)

I mentioned our beach trip earlier. We went down on Sunday after church. I explained that we had to go on a trip to get there and ride in the car. She was SO excited. We pulled up at Rite Aid before we left and she said, "Yay! We're at the beach!"

When we finally did get to the beach, she could see it out the window. So then she said, "I wanna get out and go see beach!!!!" 150 times until we got to the hotel and changed clothes.

She wasted no time! As soon as we put our stuff down, she started playing in the sand. She had SO much fun. We stayed for a couple of hours. She mostly played in the sand. We dipped her in the water, but she was a little too skiddish to play in the waves by herself.











We went to eat at The Crab Trap (one of my favorites) and she wore her cute new whale outfit...



Just a fun fact... I had time to do this post because I am stuck in bed with... guess what?!? Strep throat!!!

Sick baby = Sick Mommy.

Annistyn is feeling much better! Screaming, eating, playing. I, however, had to leave work yesterday with a fever over 100 and even with Advil- I never got it under 100 yesterday. It was 102 (with Advil) last night.

I have been on Antibiotics for 3 days now and even though my throat is still sore- my fever is down today. I hopefully will be back at work tomorrow. I can't stand being stuck in bed at home. :(


Photobucket

0 comments: