Saturday, May 12, 2012

I'm Back! And I'm Ready to Rock and Roll!

I think I am finally ready to get back on the blog wagon! It has been 9 months since I last posted and probably about a year or more since I actually posted regularly. I really miss writing and I know that I will regret not keeping up with this over the past year. It was my journal for so long- before I fell off the face of the earth. :) With a 12 week- YES 12 week!!!- summer approaching I hope that I will be able to jump back into this. I will try to go back on occasion and fill in the gaps that I left off between then and now. Tonight I am going to start off simple and not too lengthy. Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I tend to get pretty emotional. On past Mother's Days, I have shared the poem I wrote for my mother. Last Mother's Day, I got really emotional and told my own Mother's Day story. I am going to try to steer away from too many heavy emotions tonight. We watched Toy Story 3 last night and is it just me or does that ending get anyone else?? Annistyn could not figure out why I was boo-hooing on the couch for the last 10 minutes of the movie. So- in order to keep things light tonight (and not get myself started with the waterworks) I am going to start by sharing some of my favorite mommy picture memories.

Okay- I lied. As I was gathering these pictures I definitely shed a couple of tears. It never ceases to amaze me how I can look into the same green eyes everyday and not realize how fast she is growing until I look through old pictures. I definitely lost my "baby" a long time ago. She told me recently that she wasn't "three" she was "TWENTY-three". She doesn't let me do much for her anymore- that's for sure. Wednesday will conclude her first year of pre-school at Little Friends. Saturday is her first dance recital. She is the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on (I know I am a little partial) and she is as WILD as the day is long. She causes me to have to take deep breaths and definitely tests the outer limits of my patience. I love her more than any words can describe and I thank God every day for giving me the chance to be her mom.
Photobucket

0 comments: