Saturday, August 7, 2010

Field of Dreams

It's really a funny story.

Today we went to visit a field of Pecan trees.



I better start by saying that I am a person who believes in "signs". This all stems from a make-believe story that I am sure everyone has heard, but just to make sure- I'll tell you anyway. It goes like this...

There was a flood in a village.
One man said to everyone, "I'll stay! God will save me!"
The flood got higher and a boat came and the man in it said "Come on mate, get in!"
"No" replied the man. God will save me!
The flood got very high now and the man had to stand on the roof of his house.
A helicopter soon came and the man offered him help."
No, God will save me!" he said
Eventually he died by drowning.
He got by the gates of heaven and he said to God "Why didn't you save me?"
God replied, "For goodness sake! I sent a boat and a helicopter. What more do you want!

Silly story? Yes. But how many times do we overlook the answer that is sitting right in front of us? Sometimes God shows us things or sends us the answers that we have been asking for and we are too busy waiting for Him to write it in neon letters to notice. This story has always stuck with me. I don't want to miss my boat and helicopter.

So when I say that I believe in signs, I don't mean that if I am craving icecream and I drive past a billboard with an icecream on it- that I feel it is a "sign" that I should get one. However, that HAS happened before and I DID go get the icecream.... Mainly because it looked REALLY good! Ha!

I do believe that God puts people in your life when you need them the most. Have you ever been having a really bad day and a random stranger says something really nice to you? Or an old friend calls you out of the blue?

I think that sometimes we notice things because they have a purpose in our life- even though we don't know what it is yet.

So what does this have to do with pecan trees???



Let me start over...

Several months ago, my mom and I were driving down a road that I don't travel very often. I noticed a field of pecan trees and told my mom how beautiful I thought it was. I also mentioned that I wanted to find out who it belonged to and maybe go make Annistyn's pictures in it one day.

I didn't really think about it again.

About a month ago, Michael was talking about a piece of land and when he mentioned the area and the pecan trees- I immediately knew it was the one I had seen.

When we drove by after lunch one day- I was right. It was the same field of trees.

When we walked around on it, it was even more beautiful that it appeared from the road. I live in South Alabama- I see a lot of pecan trees and a lot of fields. But this one was different to me. I had that feeling. It was perfect.



I was able to get some pictures of Annistyn.
She wasn't very fond of the tall grasses.



But I am sure I will be taking many more pictures of her in that field throughout the rest of her life.




So to answer the original question...

Who owns this beautiful 10.38 acre pecan orchard?

As of Friday, August 6, 2010, at 4:30 p.m....

We do.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Brookeanne said...

Congratulations! I want to come play in your gorgeous field and take pictures :)!

The Davis Family said...

CONGRATS!!!

fawndear said...

Beautiful post. Love about how certain meaningful things stand out to us as though they are calling. Your field is enchanting.

fawndear said...

Beautiful post. Love about how certain meaningful things stand out to us as though they are calling. Your field is enchanting.