Sunday, September 12, 2010

In With the TIDE!!!

Annistyn turned 18 months last Friday, but I want to dedicate a very special post to her. Since I would also like to share the details of our exciting weekend, I'm post-poning Annistyn's 18 month post until this weekend. Hopefully I'll have some awesome pictures to share as well.

Michael and I had tickets to last weekend's Alabama game vs. Penn State. I have been to several Auburn games growing up and of course, Troy games. I had never been to an Alabama one and neither had Michael, so we were pretty excited!!!

We decided to leave Annistyn with her Mimi. She would not have made it on the 3 hr. drive up there, the late ballgame, and 3 hours home. She was where she wanted to be- I am sure! :)

I had found the PERFECT dress and I was so excited Saturday morning when I got ready.



We headed to Tuscaloosa and met Michael's uncles and cousins at Dreamland BBQ. I don't like ribs, but I watched as they devoured 3 racks of them.

We visited the Bryant museum... (On his birthday- I might add!)



And OF COURSE- it rained! I was so thankful for the hideous $5 ponchos we'd gotten from Walmart. Seriously, the were nothing more than a plastic garbage sack with arm holes.

But don't we look cute?





It stopped raining long enough for us to watch the players enter the stadium.
There was a man in front of me who was AT LEAST 6' 5" and I asked him very politely if I could stand in front of him. He said yes and that gave me a front row spot....













As I stood there 4 feet away from Nick Saban I was KICKING myself for leaving the nice camera at home and bringing the $100 digital one that took SEVEN seconds to take a picture and 'process' it. I could have taken 200 had I brought the good one. TRUST me- I WILL have it at the Auburn game!!!!

We all know it doesn't take a good camera to get a good picture of Nick...



And if you've never seen him in "real life", trust me, he is just as pretty!!! Ha! :)

We stopped for a picture outside the stadium- we were soaking wet still if you are wondering about my racoon eyes...



I LOVED our seats!!! 35 yard line- Row 6...



I actually felt like I was part of the game. When you sit in the nosebleed section, it's kind of the same as watching it on TV...

Our view...



We felt like we should take a picture of Joe Paterno. Again... The real camera will go to the Al/Auburn game with us.



It was a great game! There's nothing like being at a college football game, especially when you are watching a team like Alabama. They amaze me!



We left after the game and arrived home around 2 a.m. We are STILL trying to catch up- but it was an amazing day! I also enjoyed spending it with Michael. We don't get too much alone time anymore. I missed our sweet baby, but it was nice to do something with just him.

Sorry that was really quick- but it's 11:30 and 5:17 comes EARLY! :)

Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad y'all had fun. We LOVE going to BAMA games! It was ridiculous crowded down there on Sat, but still fun!