Sunday, December 26, 2010

I'm Dreaming of A...

...Pink Christmas!

Annistyn has been talking about "San-tah" for months...



so she was really excited that it was finally Christmas Eve.



I dressed her in her cute smocked Shrimp and Grits pajamas that have been hanging in her closet for months- waiting for this special night!



Finley was also ready for Christmas in his festive bandana.




We talked them into sitting in front of the tree for a picture together.



It doesn't take Annistyn long to get warmed up for the camera. She quickly turned into a ham and kept saying, "Mommy! Pics! Cheeeeese!!!!"





She sang and danced (to the Dora song, of course)...



She showed us her "cheese face"...





And we finally got her to sleep.




On Christmas morning- Santa Claus had come!!!!!





Annistyn was so excited about all of her new toys!






Santa has been working all week getting things put together for Christmas morning. Annistyn wanted a pink kitchen, and I fell in LOVE with the Pottery Barn one. Only problem- $249 wasn't the price for all 3 pieces. It was the price for one piece. But you could get a special "discount" by purchasing 3 pieces- only $747!!!!

As good of a deal as that is for a play kitchen (when I doubt I paid much more than that for my REAL stove) I decided we would need to go a different route. I found another kitchen with the retro look that was less than 1/3 of the price. So I thought that EVEN if it wasn't as good of quality, I could buy a pink kitchen every 2 years, for the next 6 years if needed, and still not have $700 in it.

Pottery Barn Kitchen:


Annistyn's Kitchen...



So I went with the KidKraft kitchen and I definitely do not regret that decision. It is SOOO cute. It is only 2 pieces instead of 3 and is smaller. But, I was actually really impressed with the quality for the price. My daddy (who builds houses) even pointed out how well it is built. The best part is- Annistyn LOVES it. And I'm pretty excited about it myself! ;)



The table came from Wal-Mart and was also a really good price. I had picked up the vacuum and microwave at market in November.



The tiered cupcake stand is also KidKraft brand and is SOOOOO cute.



You can mix and match the tops on the cupcakes (they are wood). The pink pots/pans came from Cracker Barrell and I personalized them, of course! :)




The Dancing Dora (or Dora Dance as Annistyn calls her) is the main thing Annistyn has asked for.



If I have heard the "We Did It" song once, I have heard it 1 million times since Christmas. When we pull up in the driveway, she screams, "DORA DANCE!!!!!" and runs straight to her when we come inside. Dora, Minnie Mouse, and Tutu Kitty have been having a week long tea-party at the table that is still set up in our living room.

I have really enjoyed my time off and wanted to share Christmas morning pictures while I had a few minutes! I have some others from the other 6 Christmases we had and hopefully I can get around to those later this week. :)

Photobucket

0 comments: