Saturday, May 21, 2011

Date With Daddy

Since school got out the end of May, I have no excuses for why I haven't blogged. I guess I have been trying to enjoy every second of summer. Annistyn has been good about sleeping late this year. She sleeps until around 8 or 8:30 on most days, but some days she sleeps as late as 9. One of the first few days, she slept until 10:15. She still naps 2- 2 1/2 hours in the afternoons as well. We play dollhouse, have tea parties, read books, read more books, and go to "town". We have spent a lot of time in Mimi's swimming pool and Annistyn has the letter "H" on her back as a tan line from her swim suit. It's been so nice to be home with her during the day! We've had a few play dates with friends as well!



I wanted to have a father's day tribute up for Michael on Father's day, but I am obviously running a few days behind...

Annistyn is CRAZY about her Daddy. A few weeks ago, I went to our Bible study and Michael was going to take her out to Dairy Queen so I told her she was going on a date. We were riding down the road the other night and she randomly said, "I want to go on another date with you, Daddy!"

I usually do a video and unfortunately, my software is not working properly this year. I am going to keep working on it, but I wanted to go ahead and put this post up before summer was over and it still wasn't up!

Annistyn is so lucky to have such a good Daddy.



I hear women complaining all the time about what their husband doesn't do with their kids. When Annistyn was born, I never had to ASK Michael to help out. He took one of the nightly feedings, he jumped right in on diaper duty and bottle washing, and is still usually the one that gives Annistyn a bath at night.





He's definitely wrapped around her finger.



But she's crazy about him too.



One day Annistyn will realize what a great Daddy she has and she will be able to tell him.









But I realize it now. Michael, you are such a good dad. You have more patience than I do. Every time I see you with Annistyn, I fall in love with you all over again. Any little girl would be lucky to call herself your daughter. I appreciate what you do around the house and I know I don't always tell you thank you. I thank God every day for blessing me with you. I thank God for blessing Annistyn with such an awesome Daddy. We love you!
Happy Father's Day!





Photobucket

2 comments:

Brookeanne said...

So wonderful!!! Sounds like she has TWO incredible parents! :)

Unknown said...

Hi there! I used to follow your blog and I'm finally back from my blogging hiatus. I can't believe how big Annistyn is now! She is so adorable. I look forward to catching up with you and your beautiful family.