Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Crazy About Crocs

My daughter has a new favorite. She loves her crocs that her Aunt Laura bought her. She wants to wear them all the time. She will go and pull them out and want me to help her put them on.



I'm having to find outfits that they will match so that she can keep them on.




She just loves them!

I've been so busy that I haven't talked a lot about the things she is doing. So I'm going to try to share a few things tonight. I stopped doing the monthly posts at 12 months, because it seemed like a good cut off. But now I'm wishing I had kept going.

Last Wednesday, Annistyn went for her 15-month check-up. She has FINALLY reached 20 pounds! She was 20 lb. 5 ounces- she's not even gained a pound since her 12 month check up. Dr. E says she is perfect though. She still wears a size 3 diaper and wears mostly 9-12 month clothes, even though I have several 6 month size outfits from last summer that still fit. She is tall and lean, so she needs the length of 12 month even though the shoulder area is big on her.



Her eyes are green and her hair is brown and curly. There are curls coming up everywhere!!! If you straiten it out, it's shoulder length, but the longer it gets the curlier it gets!



She is head strong and boy is she sassy!!!!



She is talking a lot. We don't always understand exactly what she is saying, but usually by the 2nd or 3rd try she will get it right. She talks a lot in short sentences, saying things like, "There it is!" and "Let me see it!" She does a good job saying any word that we ask her to say. She likes to make her own decisions and if you ask her a question, she will answer yes or no. And if she says no, she means it. Everything that she likes is, "Ooohhh!!" She loves to kiss. She chased me down today to give me another kiss before I left. She loves to hug and "give love". She still enjoys books, babies, Mickey Mouse, "Do-ra", and Elmo.



She sings ALL the time and can fill in letters in the Alphabet Song. She fills in words to familiar songs. She does the motions to our church songs and loves the Christian Light song. She can "hide it under a bushel" and say "No!" and she does the other verses as well. She is a born dancer. I have no doubts that you will see her on stage in a few years dancing her heart out. She dances like no 15 month old I have ever seen. She has WAY more rhythym than I do and can move her body like her Aunt Shelley. She rolls her arms and shakes her booty. It is embarassing sometimes because if we are eating out and there is music, she has to dance. People stop us to ask us about her dancing and comment on it. I'm telling you- the girl can move! She knows the Hokey Pokey, Shout, Head, Shoulders, Knees, Toes, and tons more. She likes to go up on her toes and do her ballet spin. She loves to jump. If you ask her what she wants to eat, she says, "Cheese". Grilled Cheese or Cheese Pizza... that's about all she will eat. We are about 75% potty trained and getting better every day. She is loving the summer and sleeping from 8:00 at night until at least 8:30 or 9 every morning. Some mornings I have had to wake her up around 10:30. She is a lazy little girl.

I know that kind of stuff is probably boring to everybody else (except maybe my Nana!) but I constantly use this to look back and see what she was doing at each month.

In other news, Father's Day went well.

Grandads got this card...



That was the front, the inside was this...



Michael got this card...

Front:



Inside Top...



Inside bottom...



I printed this in a mounted 8 x 10...



And he got a few other things as well.

My dad loved his Harley pictures and this panel I fixed him in a 10 x 20.



I have been busy moving my classroom, which is almost done! I have also been incredibly busy
doing invitations, gifts, and vinyl lettering...





I do a lot of "last minute" gifts- which is funny to me. About 11:00 every night, I get about 2-3 messages wanting a gift for the next day. It never fails! I love it though! I love to do anything that involves arts and crafts! And just so you know, I can almost always have a gift ready for you by the next day if you need it!

I am excited about a photo shoot this Friday here and one in Destin Friday afternoon. I have several beach sessions coming up in the next few weeks so I hope that our beaches stay pretty- not just for that reason, of course. It makes me sick to think about anything happening to our beaches. It's a part of our lives down here- not just a place we visit every now and then. I've been to Mexico, the Bahamas, and NO beaches are prettier than what we have. I want Annistyn to grow up going to the beach like I did.

Well, I'm going to finish a few things before bed. Hope everyone is enjoying their week. I know that I am LOVING my time at home!!!!


Photobucket

1 comments:

Joy said...

Hey Shae! I thought about you yesterday when I was in the Dollar General. I saw some really cute cups (like insulated, tall coffe type, I guess). They were plastic and had a pattern underneath...the kind you would see at the Loot or Ansley and pay over $10 for. Anyway, they were $4 and I could just see your cute cricut stuff on them. Thought you might want to check them out.