Monday, June 28, 2010

Peace, Love, & Part-Time Jobs

I keep saying I'm going to do better about keeping you updated since it's summer and I'm off "work". But I seem to be just as busy! I am one of those people that cannot just relax- I have to be busy and I have to feel productive.

Last week I worked on finishing my move to my new classroom- which seems like it will never end. I also had a couple of big orders to work on that had to be finished by the weekend. I posted several new pictures on Facebook, but here is one of the platters from one order...



And here is my newest product to offer- Party Banners!!!!






I had SOOOOO much fun making this. It was an outdoor "splash" party and they used mostly primary colors to decorate with. I can't wait to make some more, so if you are having a party soon- keep me in mind! I make the "Happy Birthday" for $30. They are $35 if you want to include the child's name. They can be made to coordinate with ANY party theme. I can do matching cupcake toppers, party favor tags, etc... to match also.

Michael and I went down to Destin Friday afternoon for a beach photoshoot with this sweet family....






It was a little tricky because they had all the pretty sand dunes roped off.



And I will pretend that we didn't see these tar balls in the sand....




Makes me sick to even think about it.

We ate at the Crab Trap- which is my FAVORITE. We ate right on the beach. When it got dark, the moon was reflecting off the water and I thought it looked pretty neat. So I took a picture!



I got the dates for my Shrimp and Grits trunk show.



I will have the trunk from August 26- September 3. I am looking for a couple more people to host shows during that week. In addition to the Andalusia area, I would love to have someone from the Opp area or another surrounding area so that we can "branch out" a little. Hostesses get 15% of their sales in free clothes. I provide invitations and everything. The fall line is on their website at www.shrimpandgritskids.com. They have some REALLY cute things and I think their prices are great. Most of their smocked bishops are less than $50. They also have some great items for boys! If you want to host a show- let me know so I can mark the date off for you!

I have definitely been making time for this sweet little girl too!







I just love spending the days with her. It's so fun to be able to eat breakfast and lunch with her and to be the one that lays her down for a nap. I love to take her with me when we run errands and I love singing and dancing to singing Elmo in the afternoons. I only wish it could be like this EVERY day of the year!


NOTE- JUNE 29: Thank you Aunt Nay for pointing out my typo from last night. We ate at the CraB Trap, not the Crap Trap, like I previously stated!!!! I'm sure everyone who read that got a laugh. That's what I get for doing this at night when I am sleepy!!! Ha!!!!
Photobucket

0 comments: