Tuesday, March 9, 2010

ONEderful Day...

I can tell you exactly what I was doing at exactly this time one year ago.

I was in this room....



In this delivery gown...



Eating ice chips because I was starving and they wouldn't let me have a waffle...



Earlier that day I had worked until 11:00, eaten a light lunch, rode with my mom to Pensacola, and went in for a routine weekly check-up. It was actually the first of the weekly visits as I was 3 1/2 weeks from my original due date.

I will never ever ever ever forget the deer in headlights look of my doctor (and I'm sure I looked the same) when he was rambling on about how maybe she'd be here in a week or so because she was getting big and all of a sudden those words changed to, "Well.. I guess we'll have her today. I'll call the hospital and tell them you are on your way over" because my water had broken that very moment.

I will never forget the daze I was in as I walked calmly back into the waiting room. Mom got up and we walked out into the hallway. She asked how it went and I told her we were having a baby. She said, "Well duh!" and I said, "NO. We're having a baby today. We're walking over to the hospital now." I called Michael who's first words were, "WHAT? I just got back from my lunch break." Of course, my car was sitting in Andalusia in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot and in the backseat was my hospital bag. Michael had to pack the rest of our stuff and pick up my Dad and my car before heading down.

At this exact time, I was getting close to the moment we'd been looking forward to so long.

I was so ready to see that sweet little face that we'd been dreaming about. I had been wondering what she would be like. Who would she look like? What kind of mommy would I be? What in the world was I going to do with her when she got here?

I knew I would love her. But I had no idea how much.

I knew the year would fly. But I had no idea how fast.

I knew she would turn one-year-old. But I had no idea how hard it would be for me. I am so glad that she is growing up- because she is supposed to. That means that she is healthy. But ooooh, how I have cried the past few days. It's not all sad tears...

Some of them are sad tears because tomorrow I will have a toddler, not a baby. If one year flies by that fast, I know that I will blink again and I will be putting her monogrammed Vera Bradley backpack on her and taking her to Kindergarten for the first time. Then I'll blink again and I'll be watching her try on wedding dresses. Time is so precious and so fragile.

Most of them are grateful tears because even when I had no idea where my life was going I knew I wanted to be a mommy and I am so thankful that God sent me this little angel to answer that prayer.

I have several things to share over the remaining days this week, but here are some highlights from the past few days.

A box of party supplies came in the mail.
I let Annistyn open it...


Of course, she liked the box better...



Here's what was inside...



The rest of the party stuff is covering my dining room table.



Here is a preview of her party Saturday- everything is pink and brown!!! (The paint looks splotchy in this picture, but it really doesn't in real life) I painted this the other night for her.



Today she got present's from Michael's parents and sister, and we also celebrated at Nana's. She wore her birthday tutu.






She had icecream cake and really liked it...




She liked her presents too. She walked over to this one and pushed it over. Of course, she wanted to climb on it.





She got a water table from Nana and Papa and Uncle Chad and Aunt Kelly gave her money to spend tomorrow at Toys R Us.



Here she is with cousing Blakely. She really wanted Blakely's pappy.


I thought her little legs were cute in her tutu...


Remember this bear? We made it for her a few weeks before she was born.



Well this birthday princess is finally asleep.




And she has a fun-filled day tomorrow and a couple of surprises waiting on her.




My parents always made me a cake for breakfast and had birthday plates and decorations on the morning of my birthday- even if it was a school morning. I always got to open a few of my presents too. I love that memory and I want Annistyn to have the same.

I have cupcakes that need to be decorated, so I'm going to go take care of that. Michael and I both took off work tomorrow to treat Annistyn to some birthday fun. I am sure I'll be back with more tears and hopefully some good pictures to share tomorrow.

Wow- it's nearly 11:00 p.m. At this time one year ago I was really about to be a mommy. Annistyn was born at 1:10 a.m.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Brookeanne said...

Awww... so well written! I absolutely felt the same way with my first, and amazingly, with each consecutive child after that. Perhaps we'll hear about your guys having more in the not too distant future ;)? I got pregnant with my second, 2 weeks after my first turned 1. It's hard not to want to start it all over again when they outgrow the baby stage!
...(and so many other stages after that!)
Happy Birthday Annistyn!
And of course... Happy Birth-day Shae!!!

The Davis Family said...

Happy Early Birthday To Annistyn!!