Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Some Bunny Special...



Today was Annistyn's 12-Month check-up, even though technically she is 12 months and 1 week.

I guess I am ready to do the official 12-month posting. I'll never be "ready" but tonight is as good as any.

Annistyn is 12 months and 1 week old!
She weighs 19 lbs. and 6 ounces (25% percentile) and is 30 inches long (75% percentile).
Dr. E says in his opinion- she is the perfect size for her age. She was quite a hoot at the doctor today. She used two of her new words. She pushed his hand away when he was trying to listen to her heart and told him to "quit". ("Qu" is her new sound) She told him "no" when he tried to look in her ears. She uses that word very often.

Other words that she uses a lot are "mine", "now" (as in "Now then.."), "Wow!", "eat", "Quack" (what the duck says), "Emo" (Elmo), "Mii-Ee!" (Mickey), "D-ra" (Dora), "Liii" (Lights- because she likes to turn them off), "mu-ee" (money- something that she LOVES to hold), "Lo lah!" (love you!) and I could sit here all night and list them. I am not sure what kind of vocabulary a 12-month old usually has, but I think hers is pretty extended. She understands pretty much everything I ask her to do. If she doesn't she says, "Eh?" and I clarify the request. She is very bossy and likes to tell me what to do too! She is also a good helper. She stands at the dryer and throws the wet clothes in as I hand them to her. She'll get things and bring them to me if I need her to. She cleans up her toys and sorts them into categories. She gets really peculiar about books being with toys. She will not put them up together. They have to be separate.



She loves to count things. She will count anything. Of course, the numbers don't sound 100% correct, but they are pretty close. Mom heard her awake the other day and peeked in to check on her. She was sitting in bed holding her doll's foot and counting the doll's toes. We count hers everytime we put on shoes.

She still loves to sing. She sings in the car, the bathtub, while she is playing, pretty much all day every day. She still loves the same songs- Mickey's Clubhouse, Hot Dog, The More We Read the Bible, Barney's I love you song... She still loves doing "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed." She can act out the whole thing while she "recites" it. She has got the hand motion down too! She likes to patty cake and do the piggies with her toes.

Annistyn loves to rock in her new rockers. She likes to rock her "friends" too and sing to them.




As far as NEW things this month....

She was walking last month, but this month she has mastered standing strait up from the ground instead of pushing on something. She has learned to climb in and out of chairs and up on furniture- including the bookshelf! She can go up and down stairs. (Note- I don't let her do any of these activities unsupervised) She has definitely gotten the hang of sliding on her slide. She can kick and throw things.

She has got a WHOLE LOT of SASS for a tiny little girl. She will pitch a fit when you tell her "no" and she uses those words like "mine", "quit", and "no".



She is very clingy at times. Other times she couldn't be more social. Today at the doctor's office she was running around the office like a wild indian. She was across the room visiting with other people and I kept having to go get her.

She wants to be the center of attention all the time. She makes sure that everyone notices her. We are supposed to clap too when she does something.
She has started doing this thing where she tilts her head into her should and smiles and bats her eyelashes when someone talks to her in town or wherever and tells her she is cute. I have created a monster!!! She is such a mess!

This past month my baby turned into a toddler. She is such a big girl and is VERY independent. She likes to do everything herself.



Annistyn wears anything from 6 to 12 months. 12 months is the right fit for length. However, most of her clothes (except bubble suits) from last summer fit and she will be wearing them again this summer. She wears a size 2 shoe and needs to grow into a 3 so she can wear the 5 pairs of summer sandals that are in her closet. Her hair is thick and curly on the ends. Her eyes are green. She has 2 teeth and one top one that has cut the skin. We are still in size 3 diapers.

She naps 1-2 times a day- usually a longer morning nap and a short afternoon nap or one long mid-day nap. She goes to bed between 7:15 and 8:30 and wakes up around 7- except for this week since the time has changed. We slept until 8:30 last Sunday!!! She has slept all through the night since about 8 weeks. I can't complain about her sleeping...

Her favorite foods are pizza and cheese bread, chicken tacos, fish, and she loves ice cream. I usually don't let her have sweets except on special occasions. She eats any fruit and she likes green veggies too. Lemons are one of her favorites...yuck!

She is a very happy baby and will sit on the floor and read books for really long periods of time. She entertains herself easily and loves to play. She loves "dade" and "mama" and "inley". She is good at "petting" Finley and likes to throw his toys for him too. She even cleans them up for him and puts them in his bucket.

She is so busy I could tell you things about her all day. I love the age she is right now and I love her more than I ever thought I could love someone. She is the light of my life. Oh, I love that little girl!!!



I wanted to put these pictures of her and her new car (a birthday gift) on here...

What is it?


What do I do?


Do I put toys in it?


Since Sunday, she has learned to open the door and climb in, make it go by moving her feet, and beep the horn.
Thanks Aunt Laura, Uncle Ritchie, Lydia, and Ryan!

A better look at her cute bunny outfit...



I got this 60% off after Easter last year. I never would have paid full price, but it is sooo cute! The other dress was a good buy on Ebay ($12.99 I think) after Easter last year. Hopefully the sun will find Alabama again and we will wear some other cute spring clothes this weekend. This used to be our spring break week and we always went to the beach and swam and lay out. I'd have to take my North Face if I went to the beach this week! I have decided that I am wearing open-toed shoes from now on... whether it's 41 or 80. I'd prefer 80, but even 65 sounds good right now. I cannot believe we are still stuck in winter and it's almost April. I'm going to go crazy if it doesn't warm up...

Tomorrow is Thursday, but it's really a Friday for us since we are off on Friday... Yay!!! Can't wait for a long weekend with my sweet baby!

Photobucket

0 comments: