Saturday, March 13, 2010

Party Pooped

All the partying has me POOPED!
I guess I'm the party pooper, but I am glad we are done with birthday partying for a while. My house looks like "Annistyn Fun Zone". There is a ball pit, play kitchen, and about 93 other toys in my living room. The remnants of today's party are all over my kitchen and dining room. We had to eat out tonight because I couldn't even get to the stove to cook something for Annistyn. We just thought our house was messy before!

Before I tell you about Annistyn's 1st birthday party- here's a quick flashback from Thursday and Friday.
Thursday was a gorgeous day. I wore flip-flops to school and after work, I put Annistyn in SHORTS to play outside. The temperature was 80 degrees!!!!

Here are a couple I got of her outside. This is one of those faces she likes to make!



Don't you love natural lighting?


She has learned how to "climb" up the stairs on the slide and she sits on the edge when she gets to the top. Then she grunts and scoots until she starts going down and says, "Weee". Of course, we clap at the bottom.

Finley got a haircut Thursday. He doesn't look or smell like a mop anymore.



We used a new lady- I think it's called Fancy and Friends. She did a really good job on him and wasn't anxious when he got home!

Friday afternoon, we played outside some more after I ran about 14 birthday party errands. Annistyn wore a little spring dress. She really likes putting on her new spring clothes! Michael blew up her new ball pit we bought her for one of her presents. It really entertains her for a while! She likes to go in and out of it. She throws the balls out and puts them back in. It's like having your own McDonald's playground without finding a dirty sock in the middle of it. I cannot stand the thought of public restaurant playgrounds...

Here she is with her ball pit:


And here she is in her new Minnie pajamas- also a birthday present.



I know... what kind of Mommy makes their baby wear a hairbow with their pajamas?

Alrighty, now on to the birthday party! I've been working on it a while, but I am certainly glad it is over. I wanted it simple, but nice. Most of all, I wanted Annistyn to enjoy it. I think we accomplished that for sure.

Here is one table:



This is the cake table...



And the gift table...



This beautiful cake was extra special because 3 generations were put into it. My Nana baked it, my mom put the layers together and did the icing, and I put the polka dots on it. Mom brought it this morning and put the tiers together and added the borders.



These things were on the cake table. The photo holders were $2.99 at Michael's. I just painted them and added pictures. The cupcake in the flowers was a marshmellow pop clearanced from Valentine's Day and the flowers were cut flowers from Wal-Mart. I went last night and got the ones that were technically out of date. They are 50% off when you can catch them that way and they usually don't look old at all!



This banner was AWESOME! I wanted so badly to make one, but I knew that I am not yet skilled enough on my Cricut machine to try it with such little time.
I bought this one on www.etsy.com from this store. I thought it looked wonderful! The "I am 1" banner on the gift table was also from that seller. It was supposed to be for her highchair, but I decided that she wouldn't sit in her chair with so much going on.



I even arranged the fruit in a "1".



Annistyn enjoyed mingling with her guests.



I had taken this wicker rocking chair that I had when I was little. She liked sitting in it.



We sang "Happy Birthday"...



And took a quick family picture...



Here are the party favor buckets we made...



I put a board book or coloring book (depending on the age), crayon holders (SUPER CUTE- bought from this seller on etsy), personalized cups (made by me!), a lollypop, and bubbles or a snack container.



I made these tags for them...



Outside the party room in the foyer, we set up a table with pictures and photo albums. I designed this banner and had it printed. I thought it looked great!



Here's a close-up:


Cousin Blakely was there. Since Annistyn is a big girl now, we let her hold her. Blakely didn't like that too much...





Annistyn really liked making her chair "rock"...



Michael's mom and sister surprised Annistyn by giving her his old rocking chair that they had re-covered. So now she has one for her room and one for the den!

She sat in this one nearly the whole time she opened gifts. She thought she was something special with her own chair!



I didn't put a whole bunch of gift pictures on here, but she got some great new things!



And here she is with Parker...her future prom date!



After the party, I let her have the top tier of the cake to herself. I didn't let her wear her outfit though...








I made her sit on the picture table for a picture...



And I took a couple more with Grandmommy (Annistyn calls her NeNe) and her Nomie and Aunt Michele.




Then I got a few of her in her party outfit. I know you are dying to know where I bought this precious outfit...



My multi-talented Mommy made this! Isn't she great!? Annistyn is so lucky that her Nana and Granmommy can bake and sew!!!






Thanks to everyone who came today and to those who helped. Annistyn is blessed with so many wonderful friends and family members that love her! She loves you all!!!

Well I am off to bed because now I am even more pooped from putting all these pictures on here! :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

The Davis Family said...

I loved it all Shae! You did a wonderful job on everything. I love her outfit and the banners!! I am getting ready for Travis' birthday party in a couple of weeks. You have started my party brain again. James is going to kill me since I think I am going to change a few things up. I am already pooped and I still have two weeks left. I absolutely LOVED everything!!! Thanks for getting my brain thinking again your blogs are always an inspiration for me!

Brookeanne said...

I'm gonna have to do this one is bullet points :)

-If that is a "simple, low-key party", than I don't know what Elayna and Kevin's birthday parties would have been called, lol.

-Love the outfit your Mom made!
-Also love the awesome banner that you did!
-You look like you've lost some weight since we've "met", and you look completely fabulous!
-I wish you guys were closer to make a cake for Claire (but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to bring myself to let her eat it) ;).
-The pictures with Blakely completely cracked me up.
-Looks like everyone had a blast... especially beautiful Ms. A!!!