Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary...

How does your garden grow??!



This afternoon we planted seeds for two of my favorite flowers...



I always buy a seed pod...



And then transplant them to the garden when they are big enough. I started this a few years ago and I couldn't believe it when my little packet of seeds actually grew into beautiful flowers!!!!

It's been a yearly tradition ever since.

This year I had two helpers...




Annistyn was really excited about being part of our seed planting tradition.



I was explaining to her what happens to the seeds and when I said "pretty flowers" we can pick, she started "picking" the grass instead...



I gave her a seed pod to play with. Of course, she poked it and giggled and then tore it to pieces.





She kept trying to pull the other pods out, so I decided to get her a pot of her own. I helped her put the dirt in (although she did most of it herself).




I gave her a sunflower seed and she put it strait in her mouth. I didn't have to snatch it back out, this is what she thought of it...



Don't you love the potting soil all over her face?



I put water in her watering can. She thought it was awesome that water can come out the side of the house. She kept going back to the faucet and pointing at it and talking.

She was taking the water out with her hand and trying to put it in the pot herself.



She finally got the hang of it.



Finley just licked the water up and I think he got a few bites of potting soil.



I know she is too young to really understand the concept, but I just love sharing all of our traditions with her and doing things like this with her, even if she won't remember it. I will remember it forever...

On a side note, I decided Annistyn wasn't really a birthday girl anymore and it was time for a new blog look. I wanted to use my new favorite picture of her from the beach and I decided on these colors to cooridinate with it. It's one of the most simple ones I have made, but I really like it. Hope you'll enjoy the new look too. Everyone was probably tired of the cupcakes! Ha!

I have some new craft creations to share later- I got my Cricut cutter out yesterday!!! Also, I have been enjoying taking pictures for other people and I am in the process of updating my website. I can't wait to share it with you when I am finished!

Enjoy your Wednesday...

Photobucket

1 comments:

Brookeanne said...

Adorable! I remember doing that with Elayna, and I do think intuitively she remembered a great deal when we did it again the next year. I love that you're not afraid to teach her things early even if "the norm", find it to be too soon. I sometimes forget to do these things as frequently with Claire as I did with my first. I'm glad that you remind me how to do better. I started counting her toes when she has bare feet (prompted by your blog talking about that), and she smiles and laughs the entire time. She tries to say 5 when I get to the end of the first foot... I love it.

Also, I really, really, really love the new blog set up... so professional! :)