Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Every Rose Has It's Thorns...

a.k.a The Most Boring Post Ever...

Tonight we got home and we were talking about all of our flowers that were blooming in our front flower bed. The sun was going down and it was making one of my amarillas appear to be glowing. I just had to get my camera. I'm not big on wildlife photography- well... except Annistyn... she's definitely WILD.... but I thought I would share some pictures of our beautiful flowers. I'll go ahead and give credit where it is due. Michael maintains our yards and flower beds for the most part- about 95% of it. I do usually plant the seeds in the seed pod in the spring. 2 springs ago I did all of the transplanting to the flower beds. Last spring, I planted seeds and helped with the rest as much as possible. I was really really pregnant during the first part and then we had a tiny baby who I didn't feel comfortable leaving inside while I worked in the yard. The fall before, I had planted all 20 something amarillas... so that counts for something. Michael pretty much does it all though- fertilizing, pine straw, and last Saturday he went to the nursery and bought a bunch of plants and flowers and did 3 flower beds, 2 planters, and the window box. Gotta love him!! :)

Anyway, this is the most boring post ever because I know it could not possibly be interesting to look at 18 pictures of my front flower bed. However, it was a beautiful afternoon, my flowers are beautiful, and it just amazes me to watch them grow from nothing to something so gorgeous. Another one of God's little miracles...


















Aren't they beautiful? And by the way, if you drove by my house tonight- YES, I was the dummy laying on the concrete walkway taking pictures of my amarillas. I'm obsessed with my camera. So shoot me! Get it? "Shoot" me? (like a photo 'shoot')
HA. I'm so good at being corny. In highschool, I LOVED writing the captions and introductions for the yearbook pages (I was on the yearbook staff) and our editor always griped out me (a 12th grade boy) because he said they were corny. Just a little random piece of info for the night.

Annistyn's seeds grew also! Here they are now...





They will be transplanted to their new homes in the ground in the next few days...

Well, believe it or not, I'm not going to put a picture of my sweet baby on here tonight.
I have one photo session for someone else this weekend- a mother/son session for Mother's Day- I'm so excited!!! But I hope to do one of Annistyn also.

Hope your week has been great so far! :)


Photobucket

1 comments:

Brookeanne said...

Awwww... fun! Those are gorgeous!!! Some very creative shots! I completely failed in the planting category this year, all my transplanters died after I left them in the sun the day I had planned to plant them. Sounds like we have even more in common with the yearbook thing. I did that for 3 years in high school and was Editor my Senior year. I was actually bugged for wanting the pictures to take up too much of the page, lol. I thought that was the best part, though!!! ;)

I'm going to go ahead and send the korkers on Saturday, so please send your address when you get a chance. Hopefully they will work with one or both of the outfits...please DON'T pay me for them! It's just nice to send something! If they don't match well enough, hopefully they will go well with one of A's other gorgeous outfits ;)!