Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Another Bubble Busted....

I guess you can say that my bubble was burst this weekend!

I had sooo many wonderful plans. Annistyn and I were going to take a mommy/daughter trip to the Three Notch Market. I had an afternoon mother/son photoshoot to do and I was hoping to take some wonderful new summer pictures of my sweet baby. I have this whole summer picture entourage in my head and I really need to 'develop' it before I go crazy.

Friday night Annistyn stayed home (with Michael's mom) while we went to watch Shelley's final performance at LBW for this year- she ROCKED by the way. I was proud to tell everyone she was my sister. Well... I turn a little red when she is rolling her hips all over the place, but she is an AWESOME singer and dancer and SHE ISN'T EVEN THE ONE THAT TOOK DANCE FOR 10 YEARS! I am... and I cannot move like her AT ALL!

We got home about 10 and went to bed about 11:30 feeling perfectly fine. Well at 4:10 a.m. my wonderful weekend began. I will spare you the details but I don't remember the last time I was THAT sick. I knew Saturday morning that I didn't need to even go near Annistyn. So Michael took care of her and they left the house for a while. She played with her Grandaddy and my mom got back in town late afternoon and got her. She spent the night over there and met Michael at church the next morning because I was STILL sick.

So after a lot of this.....



and this....



and a WHOLE BUNCH of this.....



I was finally feeling better. So 36 hrs., 5 lbs., and 2 cans of Lysol later, we brought Annistyn back home.

Finley was my bed buddy. He definitely didn't mind having someone to lay around with all day. He stayed by my side the whole time!



A really random side note... we still have the cat door going through our wall from when we had our sweet Bob Cat. Finley doesn't fit through it and Michael won't let me put a Finley frame over it even though it's behind his bowl. I got my Cricut machine out last week and fixed it up a little....



Annistyn brought me beautiful hand-picked flowers on Sunday.



Michael did a great job taking care of Annistyn. He even made sure she was dressed appropriately AND wearing a bow in her hair before he took her to farmer's co-op.

Times like this I know how blessed I am to have such wonderful family members that are close by. I didn't want Annistyn to get sick and keeping her out of the house was the safest solution.

I did miss that sweet little girl. I was still not feeling up to par on Monday, but when I got home I had a surprise in my mailbox! My sweet blog friend, Brookeanne, sent Annistyn some BEAUTIFUL new korker bows and I was so excited to get them!!!
So...





If you LOVE bows like I do, then you MUST check out her awesome shop. She does all kinds of bows and other fun gifts like baby slings and wipe cases. She takes great pictures too! ;)

I was definitely happy to get back in the swing of things and SOOOO glad to see this when I looked out the window this afternoon.






You know that even though there are 503 bubbles in the air, my child wants to poke the ONE that is on the ground...





Michael and Annistyn played bubbles (and Finley chased bubbles) while I cooked chicken casserole for dinner- YUM!

Another side note- Annistyn has been cutting 6 teeth and yesterday she was pulling her ear and leaning her head to one side. I made her an appointment and Michael took her to Dr. E this morning. She has an ear infection in her right ear and fluid in the left. I cringe at the words "ear infection" but she honestly has not had one until now and I guess that is pretty good to make it almost 14 months.

Hope your weekend was better than mine and hope the rest of everyone's week goes great! :)


Photobucket

1 comments:

Brookeanne said...

YAY! I'm so glad you got it!!! And soooo glad you're feeling better! By the way, I ended up sending two of the same korkers because I know Annistyn's hair is growing VERY quickly and you're probably not too far from pig tails. I love korkers with pig tails, lol. Hope A's ears aren't bothering her too much and she gets to feeling better soon!