Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bzzzzy Bee

I've been really really busy- so I'm going to try to play catch up tonight. Saturday, I had a photo session at 9:30 with this sweet little girl...





She is adorable and she did SO good! She even came up with a few of her own poses. I've been working on getting her proof book together.

Annistyn was also in another beauty pageant on Saturday. Miss Memorial Day was at LBW at 2:00. The practice was from 12-1, so we went up there and walked on the stage. She was really excited about it. We went back at 2. Last time she was in the 0-12 month age group. This time, she was in 0-18 months. I was a little "iffy" about putting her in it. 18-month-olds are a lot different than 14-month-olds.

I decided to go for it anyway. I got there and there were 9 in her age group. Last time there was only 3, so I knew she would place no matter what- even though she ended up winning.

This time, almost every one in her age group was walking and there were so many cute little girls!!!! Annistyn did great on stage. She is fearless. She waved and showed everyone her Bible song. She did her "I don't know" hands because I was trying to get her to smile and asked her where Daddy was. She didn't want to leave, I had to pick her up to get her off the stage. She loves to be the center of attention! When they started doing awards, the first was photogenic. She won with her beach picture. I was really excited because she got a trophy and was laughing and playing with it. Then she also won 2nd alternate. Of course, I would have loved for her to win, but the little girls that placed 1st alternate and winner were a little older and they had a lot more waving and kiss-blowing going on up on stage. She got another trophy and her picture will be in the paper again. I was glad she placed out of that many. She LOVED playing with the other babies backstage too.
Here she is afterwards. By then she wasn't near as excited about the trophies...







I dug some old pictures out. I posted this one on facebook, but I wanted to share it on here too. This is from Dauphin Island. I was 12 when I took it. It was taken with my old Kodak (with film). I remember that day like it was yesterday and it was the most gorgeous sunset I have EVER seen. It filled every inch of the sky all around.



I also found several where I made Shelley or my friends dress up for pictures and pose in different places. I've always had a thing for taking pictures.

I've been busy making gifts for retirement, graduation, and other things that are going on this time of year. Buckets seem to really popular- like this cute one I made for a friend...



I also did a large navy with orange tub that would be great for icing down cold beverages.

I've been doing several flowerpots, too....



I have a lot of colors! I am placing an order Thursday for a few more buckets. These are bigger and in bright colors...



I can get hot pink, lime green, carribean blue, green, and red. (Red would cute for Alabama colors!) My other buckets are $10- these are $12 because they are bigger and a little more expensive to buy. If you want one of these colors- please let me know by Thursday night. Pricing includes personalization with your choice of font, color, polka dots, etc...

One more thing I have found- these SUPER cute platters.
They are melamine and 14 inches in diameter (great for serving). They are also personalized.
Each of these are $15 and I have several extra styles too.





My acrylic keyrings are in and my acrylic cups and clipboards. I'll put one on here soon.

Last thing for tonight- how cute is this??!


It doesn't have to have July 4th designs on there, but it could... $10 as well.

I really enjoy making things- especially for other people- if you haven't figured that out by now.

Well, I am 3 days away from the start of my summer break. I also found out today that I can move to the classroom that I wanted to move to. I will finally be in the kindergarten section of our hallway instead of the first grade. I love my neighbors, but I am also excited about the move! :)

Have a great week! I have a giveaway for this weekend!!!!



Photobucket

0 comments: