Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mommy's Hands

If you were reading my blog this time last year, you've probably already read this. But there are NO words to describe how great of a mom a have. This is as good as I can do.
I wrote this before I got married and added the last part last year after Annistyn was born.

Mommy’s Hands

Mommy’s hands propped on her side
As she feels the kick of her baby inside
Mommy’s arms holding her baby girl
The minute she arrived in this world.
Mommy’s hands feeding and bathing
Dressing and hugging, rocking and playing.
Mommy’s fingers stitching the lace
Of her little girl’s dress for Easter Sunday

Mommy’s hands propped on her side
As she waits for her daughter to come home on time
Mommy’s arms hugging her baby girl
As she comes in yelling he’s ruined her world
Mommy’s hands wiping the tears in her eyes
As her daughter cries over some silly guy
Mommy’s finger stitching up the parts
Of her little girl’s freshly broken heart.

Mommy’s hands propped on her side
As she looks at her little girl, who today is a bride
Mommy’s arms holding her baby girl
And adjusting the veil over her dark brown curls
Mommy’s hands shaking as she zips
A wedding dress over her daughter’s hips
Mommy’s fingers stitching a pearl
That has fallen off the gown of her little girl

Mommy’s hands propped on her little girl’s side
As she feels the kick of her granddaughter inside.
Mommy’s arms holding her daughter’s baby girl
As she makes her entrance into this world.
Mommy’s hands wiping a single tear
As she remembers her little girl being born here.
For it was 23 years ago in this very place
That she first saw own her daughter’s face.

My mommy’s hands paved the way
And led to become the woman I am today.
My Mommy’s love gave me wings
And told me I could do unimaginable things.
My mommy’s strength held me together
When I thought things would never get better.

And as I hold my own little girl,
my only hope is that I can be.
At least half the mother to her,
That you have been to me.

Written for my Mommy- 12/23/06
Revised 12/14/08





If anyone has earned their angel wings, it's my mother. I know that I am not the easiest person to have as a daughter. I know my mom would do anything for us and I am sure I have taken advantage of that on multiple occasions.

When we were growing up, I never wanted to stay at anyone else's house and I never wished to have a different mother like some teenagers did.

My mom is a very rare gift from God. And she's just as good as a Granmommy.




Annistyn has no idea how blessed she is, but I hope one day she will. And maybe, just maybe, I will be half or even one-fourth as good of a mom to her as mine was to me.

I always knew I wanted to be a mom, but I had no idea how much I would love it. I definitely had no idea that I could ever love anyone as much as I love this little girl.



I loving hearing her little voice over the baby monitor singing quietly, then getting louder, and finally saying, "MAMAAA!!!!"

I love it when she's climbing up my leg calling my name over and over wanting me to hold her, even if it's when I'm trying to get dressed or cook.

I love it when she brings me "Goodnight Moon" to read to her before she goes to sleep, even if it's 5:30 in the afternoon and not bedtime yet.

I love it when I say, "Where's Mommy?!" and she leans her little head over on her shoulder and points at me and says, "THERE!"

I love her sweet curls and her huge beautiful eyes.




I love it when she giggles.



I love moments like yesterday when we went outside for a tutu photo shoot and made a quick unanimous decision that it was too hot.





So we smelled the flowers. (Like my beautiful white and pink amarillas)



And we went to the back yard to go through the back door. And I caught this fun moment on camera.





I guess Finley thought the tutu was something for him to eat.

We went inside and had a tea party, which is one of Annistyn's favorite new things to do.










I thought about it when we were through and remembered that I have always wanted to have a tea party with my daughter. It was one of those things I dreamed about growing up. And here I am... doing that very thing. On a side note, I really didn't know that a 14-month-old was able to "pretend play", but Annistyn teaches me something new everyday! She loves to make the animals "walk" and play with her Little People things. She "cooks" in her kitchen and she is quite the little mommy with her dolls. She rocks them and pushes them in the stroller and even gives them a bottle. Who knew?!

I just love her like crazy. And I thank God every day for those eyes, and those curls, and those toes that she still counts. I thank him for the that sweet smile that lights up my day and that little voice that says, "Momma" and makes my heart melt.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone...

I hope you have as good of a day as I know I will as long as it starts with that little voice singing over the baby monitor...
























Photobucket

0 comments: