Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Our Little Inchworm

Well...Annistyn is still working on the crawling. She's finally starting to get somewhere! We let her practice on the bed, so when she "tips over" she doesn't hurt herself on the hard floor. She just bounces on the bed and giggles and starts over.

She starts out like this...





She knows exactly what to do with her legs! It's her arms that give her trouble. So next she does this...




After that, she stretches back out and actually has gained about an inch or two of distance. So she is moving...just not very fast (which is okay with me!)

But sometimes she tips over...



So she has to start again....





Or sometimes she just rolls on her back and plays. She LOVES to lay on her back and play.



Especially with someone- like Daddy!



She's gotten really good at reaching out for people....



And grabbing hair!



She actually just likes to grab things- whatever she can reach... cups, porkchops (she'll snatch them right off your plate!), Finley's doggie beard, noses, the keyboard... she doesn't really show favoritism. She just likes to grab things. After she grabs them, they go strait to her mouth!

Speaking of her mouth... I have a spot in my kitchen that needed some type of picture or something. I am trying to fix some things around the house that I've been meaning to fix since we moved in almost 3 years ago. I guess life happens and you never finish some projects!!! So the next few weeks- I'm going to try to finish things I've been wanting to finish. Anyway- my kitchen is blue and brown. I get tired of only seeing "posed" pictures. It's really not those pictures that trigger memories. I mean, what do you remember about your fifth birthday party.... posing in front of the cake for mom to take a picture...? Or do you remember the smell of the candles burning, the kids singing "Happy Birthday", the way the cake tasted when you took the first bite? I wanted to do something different for that spot in the kitchen. So I designed this little piece of artwork:



I thought it would be perfect for the kitchen and so much more fun to look at than a posed picture! I'm going to order it with a foam board backing and hang it on the wall with a ribbon and no frame.

I also wanted to share these pictures tonight! Meet my neice: Blakely Blair McCrory. Chad and Kelly went for the 4-D ultrasound yesterday...







I love the fat cheeks! She is expected to arrive around November 11th! Annistyn can't wait to meet her little cousin!

Looking at the pictures reminded me of Annistyn's 4-D ultrasound. I remember how exciting it was watching her yawning and sticking her tounge out. Here is my favorite picture from Annistyn's 4-D- last December:



I thought it actually looked a lot like she did when she was born.



It's hard to believe that last December she was kicking around inside my tummy and now she's a lively 5 1/2 month old- learning to crawl and sitting up and trying to talk to us!!!

Well...I guess I better get to bed. Between 17 kindergartens all day and a baby all afternoon and night- I am ready to go to bed right after Annistyn does! I hope everyone is having a great week so far!


Photobucket

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting it is when they become mobile! She's so cute!