Monday, August 17, 2009

Taters- Take 2

We tackled the sweet taters again, but this time we were ready. Last Friday night, during our weekly Wal-Mart trip, I found a 4-pack of the plastic bibs for $6.00. They actually were cute and didn't have a bunch of tacky stuff written all over them like some of those bibs do. I bought them thinking that maybe Annistyn wouldn't associate them with a bottle since they are a little different. Of course, I had a bottle ready- just in case!

Here she is trying it on for the first time:



She wasn't too sure about it at first:



But she decided that she liked it after she tasted it:



And it really helped keep the taters a little more under control.



She didn't start crying for the bottle, so I think I might be on to something!

We are moving on to carrots tomorrow...

Last Friday night, I also bought one of those little chewy things you put the fruit in. This afternoon I put bananas in it for Annistyn. She chewed on it for a long time and seemed to really enjoy it. A harder fruit, like an apple, would probably be a less-messy substitute.




Next- Annistyn wants to send a big THANK YOU to Morgan for the adorable monogrammed strawberry dress!






It fits her perfect! I was so excited when I saw a polka-dotted envelope in the mailbox! I have a gift for Morgan's precious new baby- Reese that I'm going to mail her one day. It's been sitting on my dresser since May- before Reese was even born! I am really bad about getting gifts to people.

I have known Morgan since PRE-SCHOOL. I can remember going to her birthday party and "swimming" in the hot tub. I also remember her having a stuffed pig that "walked" by itself. I don't why I can remember this stuff when I can't even remember what day of the week it is...?

Anyway- we didn't go to elementary school together, but reunited in college at Troy. We were both education majors. We hung out some in Troy and she ended up interning right down the hall from me the first year I taught Kindergarten:



And- YES I was wearing striped tights! I dress like that during holidays. Join me in December when I present TRUE LIFE: I WEAR CHRISTMAS SWEATERS. I teach Kindergarten! What do you expect???

Morgan is living in North Carolina, but Reese and Annistyn are going to pen pals!


And now....I am proud to present:

"Shopping With Shae"

I've had several people tell me lately that they didn't know what cute stuff you could find on Ebay until they saw some of the stuff I've mentioned on here. So...here is my lastest bargain:



$8.00!!!! This is the back. The front is plain polka dots. I'm going to put her initials on it.

Here are some more bargains I've found lately. I've made a couple more trips to Lulu's. Everything is still 40% off and the sizes are going fast. I bought these for fall:









I also drove to Elba for their big summer sale. Unfortunately, none of the sizes under 12 months were on sale. I did buy this outfit for next summer. It was 50% off and I've looked at it several times. You can't see them, but it has matching pants hanging underneath:




I'll finish with some pictures of Annistyn enjoying her Exersaucer. I'm telling you- that was the best $60.00 I've ever spent!!!! She will look at it and pull towards it and kick until you put her in it.









Oh! I almost forgot. Every morning, I kiss Annistyn, tell her bye-bye and wave. She always moves her fingers when I am waving, but this morning- she put one arm up and moved her fingers like she was waving. My mother saw it too so I'm really not crazy! It was so cute. She might not do it again for 2 months- but I was so excited.

I also asked her tonight which shape was a square on her Exersaucer and she pointed to it. There were only two choices, so I guess it was a 50/50 chance of getting it right. Probably just coincidence- but hey- I am her mommy and I was proud of her anyway! ;)


Photobucket

0 comments: