Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Tale of Tumbling Taters

Tonight Annistyn tried sweet potatoes for the first time. So far, she hasn't been a picky eater, like her mommy, so she loved them. Instead of her Boppy seat, I put her Bumbo seat on the table and put the tray on it. But some dummy (i.e. ME!) did not make sure the tray snapped into place.
So....

Loose tray + Jar of Sweet Potatoes = BIG MESS

Here's how it all happened...
I sat the jar of potatoes on the tray and was enjoying watching Annistyn trying to grab the spoon as she said things like, "MMMMM..." and "Uh Huh....". Little did I know that she was so excited, she was kicking her feet. One of her feet hit the tray and, well, you can only imagine the glob of sweet potatoes that painted our kitchen table. The jar rolled off the table and landed in the chair. Finley was busy licking up the potatoes on the floor and, of course, Michael was outside mowing the grass- completely oblivious to the chaos inside! I ran to get paper towels and Annistyn stuck her fingers in mouth and spread taters EVERYWHERE. In the end, there was potatoes on me, Finley, the floor, the chair, the table, the mail on the table, the Bumbo tray, the Bumbo chair, and on Annistyn from her head to between her toes. Later, I even had to wipe her nose off- she'll be sneezing sweet potatoes for two months!

It was one of those moments in life (and especially in Mommyhood) where you just have to laugh. And after I laughed, I went and got my camera and took these pictures of the cutest sweet potato I've ever seen:





Before the terrible tater tornado, I had taken some pictures of Annistyn in her cheerleader dress. I am a big fan of high school football, so I had bought this dress for ballgames. Of course, I wish it had majorettes instead- but it's still cute. Michael bought an ad to go in the football program and we wanted to use Annistyn's picture. Here are some I took:








She was in a good mood this afternoon as you can tell.

Well, I wanted to share our "tater tale". Going back to work this week has EXHAUSTED me. I don't know why....I mean, what could be exhausting about 18 kindergartners who have never been to school before???? Every year I forget how hard the first few weeks are. They are getting a little better each day though.

I am going to bed now! Hope you enjoy tomorrow being Friday and the last day of the work week. I know I will! :)




Photobucket

0 comments: