Saturday, August 29, 2009

Our Little Cheerleader TEARleader

I searched far and wide for a smocked Bulldog dress. I had the matching burp cloth. I had monogrammed "Go Dogs!" on her panties.

The only thing I didn't have....



was a baby that wanted to be at the football game!



Much to my dismay, Annistyn is not yelling, "Go Bulldogs!" in this picture.

We arrived at the game early and managed to get this picture:



She looked so cute in her bulldog dress and I had worn my matching shirt.

She was okay during the first part of the game. She got a little fussy but then fell asleep for a few minutes.



But it was hot, loud, and Annistyn had not had a nap all afternoon.

So exactly 48 minutes after the game started...




We were in the car headed back home. We listened to the remainder of the game on the radio. We won, by the way, 20-7! I just love watching highschool football. I love the sounds and the action and the whole atmosphere of it! What could be better than bringing our small town together on a Friday night to cheer for our home team? Well, Annistyn could think of a lot of better things. When we got home, she ate and was asleep for the night after about 30 minutes. Maybe we'll try it again at our Homecoming game in October. But for now, I guess I can put those good ole' shakers and stadium seats back in the closet!!!

It was a little sad being at the game at first. Besides the screaming baby, I couldn't help but notice that it was the first time in years I didn't really have a reason to be at the game- besides just wanting to be there. I was a majorette in high school and after I graduated, Shelley was a majorette. So for years, I've either twirled on the field or watched her twirl from the stands.
Here is me as a majorette- I think this was my senior year. I'm in the front- on the left). It's the only one I could find on the computer as me as a majorette. They were all taken before the age of digital cameras and I had scanned this one in a while back for some reason.



And here is Shelley when she was in 10th grade as a majorette.



Oh, before I forget- Annistyn wanted to tell her Aunt Laura THANK YOU for the two packages she's gotten in the last two days. She LOVES the pappy holder with the crown and she was very excited about the plate, bowl, and fork and spoon you bought her at Disney World:





This morning, Michael decided that he wanted to go to Destin for the day. So we headed down there around lunch. Annistyn was good on the way down there, but she thought she was big enough to ride in the backseat instead of her carseat.




We didn't let her, of course. We shopped a while and ate an afternoon dinner/lunch at The Crab Trap- my favorite!

Annistyn took a little nap when we first got there. She was enjoying the beach breeze that was coming through the window.



But she woke up in time to take a picture with Mommy:



And Daddy:



And boy, did she think my shrimp looked yummy. She must have remembered it from when I was pregnant with her. I couldn't get enough of it!



(I cut the rest of the picture out because my arm looked fat!)

The beach was BEAUTIFUL! Here was the view from our window:



Annistyn was a busy girl. Here she is posing with her shopping loot and her purse:







Annistyn, what is in all those bags????



MORE CLOTHES??? You must have gotten a great deal on those!!!!

Annistyn also bought this cute doggie to support leukemia research:



After her last dinner, her and Finley had a "chew down" in the living room. I thought it was cute. They were just looking at each other. He was chewing on his bone and she was chewing on the Exersaucer.







Well, she is sleeping now- finally. She started talking after I put her to bed. I went to check on her and she had her head at the other end and had found a couple of stuffed animals that were down there. She was having a blast playing with them. Since she wasn't mobile, I left them at her feet end of the crib for looks. I guess those days are over!!!


Photobucket

1 comments:

Brookeanne said...

Hello! I saw your link on kinseygrace.blogspot.com and decided to stop by. The picture of your daughter regarding the game cracked me up. I can tell I'm going to need to start following your blog. All the pictures were great, and you are quite funny! Anyway, just wanted to say "Hello", so as not to be a complete stranger :)