Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Michael!!!!

Today is Michael's birthday, so I just wanted to make a special post to wish him a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Over the years we've spent together, we have had a lot of celebrations. This will be the 6th birthday I've celebrated with him. Every year- I make him a special birthday cake. To me, his 23rd birthday (the first one we celebrated together) has been the most special. On the side, my mom had a home-based cake decorating business for several years. I had always loved watching her do it, but I had never tried it myself. So for Michael's birthday- we had only been dating 6 months- I decided I wanted to decorate his birthday cake myself. I was living in Troy and he was driving up 3 days a week for classes. I went to Wal-Mart and picked out something I thought I could draw on a cake- Scooby Doo!!! I had so much fun decorating my house and trying to throw him the best party ever! I used Mom's cake decorating supplies and I thought it turned out pretty good. I remember not being able to make the borders look right, so I just patted them down with my hands!!!

Here are a couple pictures from that day:





Looking at those pictures, the cake doesn't look all the great to me. But I cannot tell you how excited I was or how wonderful I thought that cake looked back then!!!

The next birthday was around the time all the "Dukes of Hazzard" stuff was coming back out. Michael was a huge fan of the show when he was little, so I made him a cake based on that. I know some of these pictures look weird, but instead of scanning them, I took a picture of the pictures that were in our scrapbook. It actually worked better than I thought!



We were engaged when the next one rolled around and had just started building a house for us to live in when we got married. I made Michael a "duck" cake- he was really into duck hunting at the time. Most of his presents were things for his "duck room" he was going to have at our house. All of the stuff is still in that room. You can tell he is REALLY excited about having his picture taken!





I had to throw that one in of Bob Cat playing in the presents. I miss that big overweight cat!!! R.I.P. Bob- I love you!!!! I still smile everytime I run across pictures of him.

The first year we were married I made chocolate pound cake. I decorated our dining room with all my "birthday" dishes. I still do this every year.




Last year, we cooked out on his birthday- which was also Labor Day- and I made red velvet cake for him.



We had known for about 2 1/2 weeks that we were going to have a baby- so of course he had to get a present from the baby.



This year- I have made red velvet cupcakes and he has PLENTY of pictures to put in that frame from last year. So I'll leave him with these special pictures...





Happy Birthday, Michael!
I love you so much!!!
~Shae

Happy Birthday Daddy! We love you!
~Annistyn and Finley

Photobucket

1 comments:

Brookeanne said...

I can't even make ready-made cookie dough! I'm impressed :)