Saturday, December 19, 2009

4 Christmases???? How About 7!?!

Michael and I laughed when we saw the commercial for the movie 4 Christmases. I guess someone thought that seemed hectic.

We have 7.

We do a Christmas at all 4 sets of Grandparent's houses, both sets of parent's houses, and of course, our house! There have been years that Michael and I didn't open our presents together until 10 o'clock on Christmas night because it is so hectic. Last night marked the 1st Christmas. We went to Michael's grandparent's house and had dinner. After dinner, Annistyn was able to open her presents. She has never opened a present before, so we were really excited to see what she would do!

She loved the bow- that was the first thing to come off. I had to take it away from her to get her to finish opening the gift!





I poked a hole in the paper and she started tearing it off by herself.



Her first gift was a talking book. You can't go wrong getting her a book or something that talks. So a talking book is a home run! She took one look at it and said "Booh!" I was so excited! This is her 6th word. She said it again today when she found one in her toy basket.



Her next gift was these furry pink boots.



Of course, when it was all said and done.... the gift tag was her favorite part!




I took this quick picture of her with her great "Nomie" Norris and great "Grandaddy" Norris.



This also marks Outfit #14 of our 25 outfits of Christmas. It was a cordoroy jumper that I bought at Burkes for about $12. I loved the button Christmas tree!

Outfit #15 was today- she wore this cute Funtasia Santa swing top. I had to pair it with these polka dot pants she has. Funtasia doesn't fit her very well and of course, I had stocked up on holiday clothes before I knew she was going to be so petite framed. The bloomers that go with this top made her look like she was in a big red gingham bubble. She looked so lost! So I thought these pants would work fine with it.







We went to Enterprise to try to finish up a couple of Christmas gifts. Of course, they were out of the things we went to buy. We did eat lunch at Mellow Mushroom though- so that made the trip worth while.

Since I haven't been back since Wednesday to give you the latest report from Annistyn's 9-month check-up...

She was 28 inches long- 75% percentile- and 17 lbs- 25% percentile. So she is long and lean, even thought she still has some meat on her thighs!

Dr. E said she would probably be taller than me (lucky for her!) Hopefully, she will also stay lean- something I could never do (and still can't!) I have had trouble fitting her in clothes because her waist is so tiny, but she is long. So I usually have to roll her pants. I think I said that in my last post... but it is still true.

Everything else at her check-up went well! She only had to get one shot- which is much better than the 3 she has gotten at each of the last 3 visits!

Well- I am off to bed. Tomorrow we have another Christmas- at my Nana's. Christmas Eve will be the 3rd, and the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th will all be on Christmas Day. I LOVE this time of year- but usually by Christmas night... I'm ready for the tree to come down! :)

Since I'm off work for 2 weeks (excuse me while I do a CARTWHEEL!!!) I am going to try to do better about posting. I got busy with Christmas cards and other things and have not been keeping you as up-to-date as I should. My plans for this week include....
Pictures from all 6 of the other Christmases,
finishing the 25 Outfits of Christmas (with a recap of each of them),
a Special Christmas Eve Poem,
and later this week, I want to show you all of the Christmas card designs I did this year. I just wanted to wait for them to all be mailed! Maybe Wednesday will be a good day for that.

If you are off work these next two weeks- I hope you enjoy our much-needed break!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Brookeanne said...

Awww... such fun! I love hopping over and seeing the pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

I love looking at her outfits. I am so excited about being off for two weeks. People keep asking me, "What do you want for Christmas?" My response since about October was, "16 days of no 3rd graders!" If one of our twins ends up being a girl, I need to buy your Christmas clothes. They are too cute!

Heather said...

I am so excited about being off for two weeks, too! I just wish I was done with my Christmas shopping and wrapping, so I could relax and enjoy this week. Caroline has the same green jumper with the button Christmas tree. She wore it to Church today.

Enjoy your two weeks and Merry Christmas!!

DeAnne DuBose said...

We are right there with you guys on the crazy Christmas schedules! But it's always fun times! Hope you enjoy your first Christmas with your sweet little girl! She is getting so big and looks beautiful in all her Christmas outfits!