Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hurricane? Tornado?

Nope... Just Christmas. That's what hit the Page house and this is a look at what was left behind:



It looks much better now that we have taken the tree down. (YES- the tree came down THIS MORNING! I told you- I LOVE Christmas, but when it's over- I'm tired and I'm ready to clean up and get back to normal.)

We had a super Christmas though. Santa came to visit Annistyn. This is what he brought:





She was SO excited on Christmas morning. I fed her in her room and then as soon as we walked into the living room and she saw all the toys her eyes got huge and she started saying, "OOOH, OOOH, OOOH, OOOH!" Michael was videoing her, so we didn't take pictures at first. Here are some I got of her playing with her toys:






Don't worry... Santa didn't forget Finley Dog!



On Christmas Eve, we went to Michael's parents house. This was Christmas #3 for Annistyn. Here are a few pictures from there.






She got a musical table, a push/ride lion, and several other things.

Christmas #4 was at our house on Christmas morning, of course.

Christmas #5 was at my parent's house. Annistyn knew exactly which pile was hers...



She had fun playing with her new "Silly Town" and rocking on her singing horse which was exactly the right size for her. She got several other toys as well.






My mom found this baby at Fred's for $8. It giggles when you squeeze her. She already had Annistyn's Christmas, but thought she would really like the baby since she LOVES her dolls and loves things that talk or sing. So she picked it up. I'm POSITIVE we have gotten her $8 out of that doll. This is her giving the "baby" a "kiss".



She has really gotten into "kissing" people, so she loves to kiss her baby. The other night she kept wanting to kiss on Blakely too. It's so sweet! We just say, "Give her a kiss!" and she just smiles and leans over and kisses (mouth wide open!)

After that was Christmas #6 at Michael's grandparents- The Page's. Annistyn was getting kind of fussy by then. We ended with Christmas #7 at my grandparent's- The Smith's.

We had a rather eventful day. Annistyn took about an hour nap, then was back up playing with her toys which we are leaving in the living room until I go back to work. At 9:00 on Christmas night she was STILL playing and we had to MAKE her go bed.

Michael and I had a great Christmas too. We agreed that watching Annistyn have Christmas was more special that getting gifts. That was the best part for us this year. Getting presents was just the added bonus. In addition to several other things, I got the Cricut Expressions cutter I've been wanting! Michael bought me an external flash for my camera, some sweaters, a Vera Bradley purse, and a Blackberry. I am officially uptodate with the rest of the world!!! He got several things he'd asked for including a Blu-ray DVD player and a spotting scope for his gun.

As for the last 2 of the 25 outfits of Christmas. I guess you can call these our "honorable mentions". I bought a Rosalina "wreath" pants set before Annistyn arrived and I really over estimated how big she would be by Christmas. It's only 12 month size- but is REALLY big. The shirt came down almost to her ankles. I sent it to mom's to be hemmed, but we decided that she would be able to wear it next year. It is the same size as a 24 month size outfit! The other is this "interchangeable" dress that had a candy cane to button on it. It was too big also. I had planned to snap a picture of them to put on here, but I forgot to do it before she went to sleep. Maybe later...

We did a little "bargain" shopping today. I got an Ebay gift card- THANKS MOMMY!!!- with my Christmas gifts, so I am back on Ebay looking for spring clothes. Today I went to Lulu's and bought one 60% off outfit for next Christmas- gotta plan ahead! I also drove to Elba and Annistyn is the proud owner of 6 new outfits, 2 new pairs of socks, and 2 new hairbows. They are having their buy 1 get one free sale and it started today. I bought her 2 Amanda Remembered smocked pants outfits and got an Amanda Remembered smocked dress and a Peaches N Cream outfit for free. Mom bought her a Mollie and Millie outfit and got another free. So I felt pretty good about all that! These outfits will go into early spring.

Since next week we will begin a new year, I figure I will let Annistyn model some of her "new" outfits each day. Well, each day that I have time to post!

Since I never posted my family's Christmas card here it is- from me to all of you!




Hope you had a wonderful Christmas as well!


Photobucket

1 comments:

Brookeanne said...

Looks like a magical time! I can't fathom where you are able to put all of those toys! She must have a play room brimming with enough items to keep a full-time day care in business!
I just got the external flash for my new Canon and I LOVE it! I'm sure you will have a blast with all of that! Do you use Photoshop Elements or the full Photoshop Adobe?
Enjoy the rest of your time off before heading back to work!