Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cute as a Cupcake

This time last year, I was working on Annistyn's nursery, monogramming her clothes, and getting ready for my first baby shower.

Now I am planning her first birthday party.



My baby was born 10 months ago.

And our life hasn't been the same since!



But that's a good thing.



This month Annistyn has....

...gotten very good at responding to verbal commands. She knows what balls are, will hold her foot up when you ask her for her foot, opens the door on her train when you ask her where Lily is, knows words "baby", "kittee", and so many more! She will try to find people when you ask where they are. If you sing the Mickey Clubhouse song or other ones that she knows she will look at the TV.
...gotten better at walking. She travels all over the place as long as she is holding on to something. She'll take 2-3 steps by herself to get from one toy or piece of furniture to another. She walks really good when you hold her hand.
...learned to "squat" down to pick up things and then stand back up.
...started wanting to "kiss" everything.
...pretty much given up baby food. She wants "real" food. She will eat anything. We have yet to find a food she will not eat. Favorites include English peas, green beans, ice cream (which she doesn't get much of!), ham, pizza, and chicken tacos (from Old Mexico). But she will really eat anything! Tea is her favorite drink.
...been talking ALL the time. She is very very loud!!! She always wants to be the center of attention. If you are not paying her any attention- she will let you know!
...really grown to love waving. She has been waving for months, but I think now she actually knows the concept of "bye-bye". If we say we're going bye-bye she will start waving at whoever we're leaving. If we say, "tell them hey" or "tell them bye" she will wave.
...gotten good at "playing" by herself. She will play with her toys for a long time without anyone else.
...started dancing whenever she hears music or a song on t.v.
...clapped her hands a lot.
...learned to drink from a straw really good. We actually had not even let her try one until now.
...discovered that there is a big world out there. She now enjoys "exploring" the different rooms of houses. I chase her all over the place!
...learned to walk around and push her "push-toys" like her stroller, lion, and train. She will go from room to room pushing them around.
...figured out that some doors lead to outside. And that is where she wants to be when she is inside!







She weighs 17 lbs. and is 28 1/2 inches long. She is wearing a lot of 6/9 clothes and a few 12 month size clothes. She needs the length of 12 month size pants, but the waist on them is ENTIRELY too big. Her eyes are definitely green and her hair is getting thicker and thicker. It has a lot of curl in it. She wears size 2 shoes. She still wears some size 1, but I am not buying any more of that size because she has to be getting close to growing out of those! She still only has 2 teeth, but it doesn't stop her! She is such a piggie! We have been wearing size 3 diapers for a really long time.

Annistyn loves her dolls and she loves cousin Blakely because she is a "ba-bee" too. She had her first Christmas this past month and LOVED opening presents and playing with all her new toys. She still loves books or "boohs".


She is not very good at being still for us to change her diaper. Putting clothes and shoes on is the same way. She is trying to crawl or walk off and you have to chase her around to get it done!

I just can't believe that I am beginning to plan her first birthday party. Every day she is a little less baby and a little more big girl. She is so independent and wants to do everything by herself.

The cupcake pictures, by the way, were taken today. She wore the dress to church this morning. I got it at That Store in Dothan yesterday for 50% off. I thought it was SUPER cute. I plan on letting her wear it when I take her pictures for her first birthday invitation. I am really am already planning it. It's not that far away and it will take me 2 months to get ready for it.

I thought today we'd do a 10-month shoot with my pink backdrop. After we took pictures, she wanted to have a tea party.




Here she is eating a pretend cupcake.




Tonight she really did look like a big girl. I let her wear her new "Alabama" shirt and a pair of jeans. She has NEVER worn jeans until today. These were like $6 at Wal-Mart and I figured they would be good for playing outside and stuff. I like her to wear "outfits" and dresses instead of jeans- but it worked with the t-shirt.



Here she is clapping for Alabama:


And here is one more. She was very uncooperative because she could see her toys and she really really just wanted to play.



I cannot believe that 10 months have come and gone so quickly. There are days when it is crazy and wild. The house is always a mess. I am always tired and I never get caught up. But there is never a day that I regret being a mommy. Annistyn may grow up in a messy house. She may remember seeing toys everywhere and junk piled on our kitchen table. But that is okay. Because there will never be a day that I put those things before her.

Thank you so much God for the best 10 months of our life!!!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Brookeanne said...

Who gave our girls permission to grow up so quickly :)? It's great and saddening at the same time. She just get's more and more gorgeous, which is hard to believe! I love the backgrounds. Is that fabric that you bought for photos or something else? It's so fun to see all the changes she's going through :)!

The Davis Family said...

I absolutely love the pictures!! I always enjoy reading your blog. I come and check it every few days. You are keeping up with it so much better than I am. I also wanted you to know that Reese is only 7 months old and is 16.5 pounds (according to the wii fit). I can NOT believe they weigh almost the same amount.