Friday, January 8, 2010

Oreo: Milk's Annistyn's Favorite Cookie

Annistyn's Grandaddy gave her an oreo last night.



And she got really really excited.



She thought it was sooooo good.



And she wanted to share the goodness with her Mommy!!! How sweet!



Excuse the rough photography, but I was trying to get these really quickly and didn't put the new flash on the camera. There was Oreo all over her- including in her ears and nose!

I guess I better throw a little "Roll Tide!" in, since I mentioned last night. We were up really late watching the game- which turned out great. At least we didn't have to be at school until 9:30 this morning! We had a mini "snow day". It's so cold and it rained yesterday, so it was really icy this morning.

I don't know about you, but I am ready for warmer weather and by warmer- I would be okay if it would just hit 40!!! I don't remember having a FULL week of this kind of cold weather. I know it is sooooo much colder in other places- but we are really really not used to it here. They really don't even sell jackets here that are for this kind of cold! Your best bet is a North Face and trust me- I wore my 3-layer Tri-Climate one today and I was still freezing! It was 31 at 2:45 this afternoon when I left school. Tonight it's supposed to be like 12 with a wind chill of 8. Last Wednesday, it was 10 degrees warmer in Anchorage, ALASKA, than it was here in south ALABAMA!

One thing I like about cold weather is using our fireplace. We have it going right now and I just love it!!!



One(of many)things I don't like about winter...



Chapped cheeks!

We had to go to Walmart yesterday and get Annistyn some warmer sleepers. Most of hers are cotton or terry cloth. She only has one fleece one. Michael bought her 2 more yesterday to get us through the weekend. After I got her ready for bed tonight, she still wanted to play a few more minutes. I decided I would let her since tomorrow is Saturday. I took some play-by-play pictures of her with her kitchen- which was well worth the $80 we spent on it. The product reviews were half-good, half-bad on this particular kitchen. It was the ONLY one I could find for her age. I really really really wanted to get her a kitchen for Christmas- so I ordered it off Amazon because Toys R Us was out of stock. I think it is just great!
Here's what Annistyn does with it:

She sits on the floor and plays with it.




She pulls up on it and plays (and it is SO sturdy- it doesn't budge!)





She "walks" to the other end to play.



She crawls through the middle (and the light comes on and sings!) and plays with the backside.



You can even play on the end of it!



There is so much for her to do. It really entertains her and has helped her with the walking too. She has figured out how to drop the balls in and watch them come out the bottom. She learned the word "ball". She will get it when I ask her to. Her receptive language skills have gotten amazingly better the last few weeks. I can say "Where's Lily?" and she will go to the train and open the door (because it says that when you open it!) It's so fun to be able to communicate with her like that!!!!

And just a really random piece of information. I wanted to share this outfit Annistyn wore last Sunday for the first time. It's size 6 months, but I hate the way Funtasia brand fits her. She just got big enough to wear this.




It has a bunch of "Finley Dogs" on it.

Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that we are still here! I have been out of sorts this week since I had to go back to work. It has really gotten me into a slump too! I thought that I would get used to leaving Annistyn every day, but I haven't. Sometimes I still cry on the way to work. :( I know she is being spoiled like crazy by her grandmothers, but I just feel like I am missing so much. I would give anything to see the day that I could stay at home and just be Mommy all day.

Enough for now! Have a great weekend everyone! Monday will be here in the blink of an eye.


Photobucket

1 comments:

The Sansom Family said...

Mmmm... I think I may ask Ronnie to get me some oreos on his way home!!! I have some advice for the chapped cheeks: use diaper rash cream. I know that sounds weird, but SC had chapped cheeks and lotion was not doing the trick. The doctor told me to try diaper rash cream and it worked! Within an hour, I could tell a difference! I have used Desitin and Resinol. She actually had chapped cheeks the night before we came to take pictures, and a couple of hours before she went to bed I put Resinol on her cheeks and they looked normal within an hour!