Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hungry Hungry Hippo

Annistyn's tummy is a bottomless pit! She doesn't really like to eat baby food now, except for the "graduate" foods.

But she will eat ANYTHING else.

I was kind of embarrassed when we ate at Hilltop Thursday night and I ordered GROUPER for my 10-month-old. She ate almost the whole thing! Friday night she had a chicken taco at Old Mexico, and here she is Saturday night eating cheese sticks at A-Town Pizza:





These were taken with my Kodak- not my good camera.

The little food mat that she had on the table is pretty neat. I have one of the "Kiddopatamos" ones that rolls up and is reusable, but I got a pack of disposable ones for when the other is dirty. I keep the pack of these in my diaper bag. It has some little tabs you peel off the back and it sticks to the table. It's not as thick and it doesn't have the little tray that catches the food like the other does, but they work good for emergencies. I cannot stand to see babies eating off the table. I think Annistyn's food mat is probably the best $12 I have ever spent. The disposables come in a pack of 18 (I think) for about $9.00.

On another note- Annistyn decided this week that she wants to try walking without holding on to things. She has taken up to 5 or 6 steps. She does best when we don't get down on the floor and try to help her. If we just sit back and watch her she will do it while she is playing. I tried to get a video, but of course, she wouldn't even try it. She wouldn't try it when I had the camera out either. But here she is playing.




And here she is dragging out the clean clothes I was trying to fold.




No, our living room doesn't look like this ALL the time.... just 75% of the time. Santa is going to have to re-think the size of our house before he visits next year! Annistyn has more room to play in the den and that is where we are usually at. Plus, we can see her if we need to work in the kitchen. So...it's now a den/playroom. Every room in the house is a playroom now!

Tonight Annistyn wore her blue and brown pants outfit to church. I started thinking about how long she has been wearing this outfit. She wore it in September to Parker Well's birthday party. So she's been wearing it for 4 months. I think it will probably fit on into spring. I think it's safe to say we have gotten our money out of this outfit!!!!

Here she is in September:



And here she is now:




Just a little HUGE difference!

I wanted to re-create this picture from September:



But my silly children wanted to do this...



And this....



And this...



She is so silly!



I was trying to get her ready for bed tonight and I was dressing her on my bed. She thought it would be fun to go "night-night" in Mommy's bed.

I took a quick picture because I thought she looked cute- as always! :)




Of course, she didn't get to stay there. I tucked her in her bed shortly after. Well, all this talk about beds has made me sleepy. I think I will head there now. I have a busy day at work tomorrow. NO WAIT! I don't have to work tomorrow. YAY!!!!! If you were here you would see me doing the Macarena!!!! I get to stay home with my baby!!!

I can't wait! I have a give-away for later this week. I have been trying to do it since the beginning of the year, but I'm only 17 days behind- so check back mid-week!!!!



Photobucket

0 comments: