Friday, January 22, 2010

Something's Fishy...

I really don't think anyone believes me when I tell them about how much Annistyn eats. I agree. It's obsurd to think that I go to a restaurant and order a grouper fillet for my 10-month-old.

So I thought I would share some pictures of Annistyn enjoying her Thursday night tradition.

Sorry these are really bad quality pictures. I took them with my Blackberry.

Annistyn at her favorite table at Hilltop:


What's left of her grouper fillets. Note that I said filletS. There were two. The one on the right is the one she was eating on.



Here she is in action:




(Note: If you are wondering why she is wearing a disposable food mat as a bib, it is because her mommy is nuts and forgot her bib.)

This is what is usually left when she eats a chicken taco at Old Mexico...




Gotta love a girl with an appetite!

I was slightly concerned when she started wanting to eat only table food. But at her 9 month check-up, I asked Dr. E and he said it was great! I guess when you think about it- baby food is just to introduce the textures.

It seems like yesterday we were giving her the first few bites of cereal.





Wednesday, Annistyn woke up with a croupy cough. She wasn't doing it very often, but it sounded kind of rough. We really debated over whether to take her to the doctor or not. Since she doesn't go to daycare, she really hasn't had a problem with being sick. I was scared that sitting on the "sick" side of the waiting room would expose her to strep throat, RSV, or the stomach virus that is going around.

We decided to take her, just to be on the safe side. We agreed that we would give them the cell phone number and wait in the car with her. She enjoyed sitting in the car and watching movies while she waited. The appointment time was 10:45 and since I have -3, yes NEGATIVE 3, sick days- I decided that Michael could handle it. I worried all morning about her. I HATED the fact that I wasn't there. I knew Michael had it under control, but still... I'm her mommy. If she had been really sick, I would have definitely been there.

Diagnosis: Just congestion, like we thought.

So we ended up getting this stuff for her:



Does this look like a sick baby to you?



I can assure you that she feels just fine. Her cough is getting a little better. She hasn't woken up during the night with it or anything.

Her hair was really curly yesterday since it was raining. I couldn't really capture that in a picture last night. But I tried...



I just love her curls... and everything else about her!

And finally...

The giveaway I have been promising for 22 days now.

I am giving away a set of two (matching) luggage or diaper bag tags. These can have a picture, initials, or WHATEVER you want on them. They are really really customizable.

I drew this one up, just to use as an example. Here are the front and back...





If you would like to be in the "drawing" for the luggage tags, just leave a comment! I will announce the winner (tentatively) next Saturday!

Have a super weekend! :)


Photobucket

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Those are so cute!
And, would be great for Kaidence's bag when she starts going to her sitter's house. :)

Brookeanne said...

LOVE it Shae! And the curls are so darn cute! Elayna had curls when she was a baby, but now she only gets them when it rains as well Lucky girls though! The food thing cracked me up. Claire makes a disgusted face anytime she eats something other than baby food. :)

Jennifer said...

Love reading about Annistyn. Your blog is just precious. I am so glad MJ introduced me to it!

Valerie said...

Hi, Shae! I started following you from MJ's page. Love those pics you took of Parker too! The luggage tags are too cute! I'm taking Jaylyn to DC for her 10th bday next month and it will be her first time flying and I've been looking for something just like this. Hope you have a great day!