Thursday, January 28, 2010

Two Dozen

I have been on this earth for 2 dozen years!

Yesterday was my birthday and it was a great day.
It started out with my daddy bringing me a card at 5:40 a.m. He is the only person I know who would be at my house before 6 a.m. to wish me happy birthday! As I was driving out of my driveway, he had also put a sign up (facing our house so I would see it) that said "Happy Birthday Princess".

My mom made me pancakes for breakfast. At school, the grandmother of one of my students brought me a balloon bouquet and pink cupcakes for my whole class. Then at lunch, my mom and Annistyn brought me a lasagna plate from Steamboat and I got to get a mid-day hug from my sweet baby!

Michael bought me the "real" bracelet and earrings to match my "real" pearl necklace that he gave me for our anniversary.

We went to Mellow Mushroom for dinner- my FAVORITE! We had cake and presents there too.

I think this may be the first birthday that I forgot about 4 times during the day that it was my birthday. Age 16, 18, and 21 were the "golden" ages that you wanted to hit. 24 really isn't too special for any reason.

I was thinking though that I have grown up the most from age 23 to 24- for obvious reasons! And every year I always stop and think- what have I done this year? This year I didn't have to think too hard about it!

I think I have had a pretty good 24 years. I have done the things that I have always wanted to do.

Graduated High School (age 18):



Graduated College (age 20):



Gotten Married (age 20):



Gotten a Teaching Job (age 21)

Finished my Masters degree (Age 22): No picture because I didn't "walk". They just mailed it.

Become a Mommy (Age 23):



I can honestly say that I do not want to be younger. I am where I want to be. I really didn't enjoy high school very much because I always secretly wanted to be wearing the holiday sweaters from Stein Mart. I always felt out of place because I knew there was something bigger that I hadn't gotten to yet. Everyone said, "Don't wish your life away!"

But I am sure now that I was right. There is something much bigger than twirling during halftime of the football games...



Or getting ready to go "roll" yards during Homecoming...



There is so much more to life than what you ever can imagine when you are 16 or 17.

It's taken me 2 dozen years to get here- but here I am...



Sorry the pictures are so rough. It was really dark in there and I was using Michael's Kodak- not our good camera. I tried to lighten them enough that you could actually tell what was in the picture!

My cake (made by my Mommy!):


Annistyn enjoying cake:


Me and Annistyn on my birthday last year:


This year:



And because you know I love a walk down memory lane, here is me at my 13th birthday party. We made a "movie" that just happened to be about us all growing up and here we are posing for a picture at the "finale" of our movie:



The other girl in the picture is my friend Kristan. She has a little boy that is 1 1/2 years old now.

This picture is extremely funny to me now more than ever!

Well, I'm off to bed. We have a busy day tomorrow that I am sure you will hear about later! Enjoy the weekend!



Photobucket

1 comments:

Brookeanne said...

Happy Birthday! Fun pictures from quite a span of time ;).