Monday, October 5, 2009

Kitty Prints....

One year ago today I lost a very good friend. I have mentioned him before- but today is his "angelversary" so I thought I would take a few moments to tell you about him. He has been on my mind a lot today.

Bob Cat Page was a rescue kitty. My daddy found him in crying in the middle of the woods in May of 2003. He was so tiny he would fit in my hand. Bob grew up quickly. When it came time for me to move to Troy- I took him with me. Every Sunday I would load him up and take him to Troy. Every Friday- I would load him up again and take him home for the weekend.

Bob was special to me for a lot of reasons. He helped me through some of the hardest times I have ever been through. I'm not going to go into any details- but I can't tell you the number of tears I cried on that poor kitty! Bob had huge green eyes and no tail. He often got made fun of because of his weight. Yes- I had a 20-lb. cat. I promise I only fed him Meow Mix!!! He was just a big cat!

He moved in with Michael and me in December of 2006 after we got married. He loved it here. He had his own kitty door and went in and out as he pleased. He would always jump on the dresser and paw the handle in the middle of the night until I got up. He liked his food in a "mound", so I would fix it for him and then go back to bed. I cannot tell you in words how much I loved that cat.

I bought an online memorial for him. You can visit it if you would like to. I will never forget the morning of August 14, 2008. It was around 5:15 and I stared in awe at two lines on a pregnancy test. I ran into the den and told Michael and I will never forget grabbing Bob and hugging him and telling him he was going to be a big brother. Little did I know he would never get the chance to be.

I know that everything happens for a reason. God gave me Bob for 5 years and he brought me so much joy and comfort during that time. He taught me how to be a mommy. I will miss him always but he will always have a special place in my heart...

Here is the poem I wrote for him after he died:
To my Bob Cat Page
May 10, 2003-October 5, 2008

The moment our two pairs of green eyes met,
I knew you were one I’d never forget.
Who else other than God above,
Could know how much I needed twenty pounds of kitty love.

No matter how bad I was feeling,
All it took was stroking your fur.
Or getting one glance of your twitching nub,
Or hearing your deep pitched purr.

You went with me to college
And kept me safe and sound
And never complained too much
When I drove you from town to town.

I know that I was grumpy
When you woke me up in the middle of the night
But I would give anything
To hear you on the dresser one more time.

I wish I could blow dry you just once more
Or give you one more treat
Or sit in the recliner
And feel you clawing at my feet.

I wish I could throw you over my shoulder,
and scratch you under your chin
Or look through the living room door
And see your kitty head peeking in.

I would love to see you running to me
With your swishing belly sag,
Or see you sleeping soundly
In my Vera Bradley bag.

I wish I could watch you chase our frogs
Or swat at bugs through the door.
I never thought I’d say this-
But I wish I could see you bring a mole in once more.

Even when I get on the computer,
I can’t help but think of you and your eyes of green.
Usually I could barely see what I was doing-
You always sat right in front of the screen.

How can I make it without seeing you sleeping on your back
Or doing yoga in the den?
How can I live the rest of my life
Without my furry friend?

There is no greater joy
Than coming inside alone
And being greeted by a loving nudge
You truly made our house a home.

And though you’ve gone through Heaven’s cat door
Even though we had to part-
You’ve left me with five years of memories
And four kitty prints on my heart.

Our house will never be the same
Our puzzle will never be fully whole.
But I know that when I get there-
Heaven will have a lot fewer moles.

You’ve celebrated good times with me
You’ve gotten me through ones that were tough.
I guess always knew that no matter what-
Nine lives would never be enough.


I love you, Bob Cat!!!!






















"And I bless the day I met you
And I thank God that He let you
Lay beside me for a moment that lives on
And the good news is I'm better
For the time we spent together
And the bad news is you're gone"

- Diamond Rio


Photobucket