Saturday, October 31, 2009

Trick or Treat- Here's Something Sweet!!!!

Well, today was Annistyn's first Halloween! I initially wanted to invest in an expensive costume, but talked myself out of it.

We always have trick-or-treating at our town square. The first few years it was really nice, but last time I went- I didn't know anyone there! We don't live in a very big town, so that was little weird to me. There were a lot of older teenagers and adults dressed up- kind of gave me the creeps. And with all the sickness going around- 500 hands touching the same pieces of candy... that has SWINE FLU written all over it. No, I'm not one of those people freaking out about swine flu- but I don't want my baby to get any sickness- including that. We didn't opt to have the shots. I was a little skeptical, since this is the first time they have ever done them.

So- back to the original story- I didn't ever buy the $60 costume I wanted because I knew we wouldn't be anywhere special tonight. I bought a $3 jack-o-lantern onesie from Wal-Mart, an $8 tutu off the clearance rack at gymboree, and these $1 tights from Target and I think she is the cutest pumpkin that I ever did see!






We went to her Grandmommy's and then rode over to some friend's from church's house and visited. We ate at David's Catfish and made the weekly Wal-Mart trip. That was about it. As Annistyn gets older, I know she will care more about a costume. But I thought my bargain costume turned out pretty good.

Well since we've checked Halloween off the list- we're officially in Thanksgiving season. I like Thanksgiving, but I always get excited this time of year for other reasons. To me, Christmas shopping starts right now! Thanksgiving is the last day of my yearly Christmas season countdown. When Thanksgiving is over- the tree goes up and Christmas time officially begins!!!

I have another fun Christmas giveaway- but I'm going to wait until tomorrow or the beginning of next week to do it.

Right now- I think I'm going to head to bed and enjoy "falling back" and HOPEFULLY getting that extra hour of sleep. I just hope the time change doesn't effect Annistyn's sleeping habits!

Hope everyone had a very festive Halloween!!!!

Photobucket

0 comments: