Sunday, October 4, 2009

Up, Up, and Away!

Every day is something new! Annistyn has been trying to pull up on the side of her crib lately, and tonight she finally made it!





If you are wondering why she is wearing a tutu- I had been taking her picture in it. I found it on the clearance rack at Gymboree yesterday. I thought it would go cute with her pumpkin onesie. Here are those pictures:





As you can see by her excitement, it doesn't take much to entertain her! She is very easily amused!


She has also already discovered two of life's essentials: purses and shoes!



She picked the talking purse as her prize from Grandmommy yesterday. It sings and there are a bunch of pieces that she can put in and take back out. She LOVES purses. Her shoes were sitting beside her on my bed. (I had taken them out to show her Daddy.) So she decided she wanted to play with them too!



What can I say? I taught her well!

Here are two more of her "fall" outfits she has worn this weekend. Friday night was the Rabbit Moon dress and leggings:



And tonight was the Peaches and Cream dress. It actually has pants that go with it, but it wasn't that cool outside so I just put on a matching diaper cover. This morning she wore her smocked green pumpkin dress, but had fallen asleep on the way home. I didn't want to wake her up to get her picture. I will put it on her later and take some.




Yesterday we went shopping and it was the first time since Annistyn was born that I actually enjoyed it. I don't know if all new moms go through this or if it is just me- but I have had the hardest time feeling like myself again. When you have children, I guess you loose a part of yourself because you have someone else that comes first. Even though I had pretty much lost the baby weight- I still just couldn't get used to the way I looked. For one- even after the weight is gone, nothing goes back to where it was before! I feel like I look tired all the time- probably because I am! I have just felt like I am 53 instead of 23. I have also been hiding in loose fitting clothes for the past 7 months. So a few weeks ago- I decided that I had to do something. I have lost 7 lbs. and I boxed up the baggy clothes and maternity jeans (which I loved) and I have felt a lot better. So I had a great shopping day- and I even tried on pants in my "before Annistyn" size and guess what- THEY FIT! I have a long way to go, but at least I am making progress. I just can't feel like this forever. I LOVE being Annistyn's mommy and I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING in this world. At the same time I know the importance of feeling good about yourself. I want Annistyn to have self-esteem, so I guess I better get some! Now if I can just shake off the fact that I feel like I leave Annistyn everyday for other people to raise her while I go raise other people's children at school. That may take me a little longer....

Photobucket

0 comments: