Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Truth Tooth Hurts

I guess this is going to be "corny blog titles" week! I know they are really silly sometimes (like tonight!) But doesn't it catch your attention more than it would if it just said "First Tooth"?

Annistyn has been cutting this same tooth since she was 3 months old and I first started seeing it under the gum! I thought this thing would NEVER come through. Well yesterday it finally broke the gum! You can now see AND feel Annistyn's very first, very sharp tooth! I would say "Yay!" but it hasn't been a "Yay!" experience! She has been very ill and grumpy. I am sure there will be many more days like this! She's only gotten that one little tooth so far, so I'm sure we've only just beGUM.... :)
Alright, no more corniness!

Here's the question of the night....
What was I doing exactly 8 months ago today?????

Answer:



Well... if you want to get really technical, at this exact TIME 8-months ago, I was crying in my hospital room because my baby was in the NICU and not in my room with me. She was actually born at 1:10 a.m.


But she finally got to go home...



And look at her now!





Annistyn.... What has been going on this month????



Well....

I have started making my sounds into real words like "bye", "mama", and "dada". My mommy thinks I say the word "meanie" when I am pitching a fit. She says it sounds just like it!
I have become REALLY hard to put diapers on and to dress. There is so much to do!!!! I don't want to be still!
I have gotten even faster at crawling and braver at pulling up.
I REALLY REALLY want to walk and I get more balance every day. I would really just like my mommy to hold me up while I stand up and play.
I like to ride in the car, but my mommy has to give me Puffs to get me in my car seat. YES, she knows that is a bad habit....but she says that it's not worth wrestling with a moose.
I like watching TV. The Mickey Mouse Club is my favorite. I DO NOT like Today in Alabama. I LOVE Wheel of Fortune.
Pears are still my favorite food, but I like any kind of fruit. (Note from Shae: I have started mixing fruit with veggies to get her to eat them... but don't tell Annistyn!)
I LOVE Puffs and the Graduates Crunchy Sticks. I still love drinking from a cup. I like juice, but tea is my favorite. (Thanks, Grandaddy!!!)
I can feed myself with my spoon, but it gets a little messy.
I like to chew on lemons and pickles. I don't even make a face!!! I like to eat real fruit. Mommy breaks it in little pieces. I will eat peas and other things from the table also. I am not a real picky eater. I just like to eat! (Like Mommy!)
I am WILD all the time! I am always on the go and I can get into ANYTHING!
I like the handles on the dresser. I have learned to open the drawers.
I love getting a bath and SPLASHING the water everywhere.
I know what the word "no" means. Most of the time I just give Mommy a mischievous smile and do it anyway.
I got my first tooth this month! I also got my first cousin!
I love to give "kisses" and I like to wave bye-bye.
I love seeing "friends" that are close to my age- especially boys! Get ready Daddy!!!
I went to the fair and to the pumpkin patch for the first time. I went trick-or-treating.
I still sleep all night and take 2-3 naps a day.
I am still wearing size 3 diapers and size 6 months clothes. Sometimes Mommy buys 9 months so they will fit longer.
I probably weigh around 16 1/2 or 17 lbs. I have plenty of meat- but still small-framed.
My eyes are much greener and my hair is still dark brown and getting curlier.

I've been so busy this month- I know I'm probably forgetting something. I'll let Mommy fill you in on the rest!

The other day, Annistyn woke up from her nap and she had the WILDEST hair I've ever seen! Sorry these pictures are not good. I lightened the background so you could see her hair better and it made that huge shadow....




It was going everywhere! Since it's getting longer, it's curling more. When it is rainy outside- it goes crazy!

Sorry I don't have any "official" 8-month pictures to share. My cotton field photo session has gotten rained out 3 times. Hopefully in the next few days, I'll get them.

Well, a lot has changed in 8 months, but one thing that hasn't changed is our love for our sweet little girl! I am soooo tired at the end of every day because she is so busy, but I love every minute of it. When I heard "mamama" come out of her mouth- I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest! There is nothing that could be greater than being Annistyn's mommy!

I cannot believe 8 months has flown by so quick! Just think- I only have 4 more months to plan her 1st birthday party! Yikes!!!!

Well- THANKFULLY- I am off work tomorrow. I am going to spend the day playing with my sweet angel! I think we'll even go out for lunch- which is something I RARELY get to do! :)

Enjoy your Veteran's Day!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Brookeanne said...

So wonderful! Being a mother is the best!