Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Different Kind of News

I said we were doing a patriotic theme this week, so here is Annistyn in today's July 4th outfit:







And while I'm on the patriotic subject, please keep my Uncle Ritchie in your prayers. He was deployed to Honduras and has been there for quite some time. He is scheduled to leave to come back home on Thursday. If you've been watching the news, then you've probably heard about what all is going on down there right now. Please just pray that all the troops down there stay safe and that the ones scheduled to leave are able to leave safely and on time.

Okay here's the different kind of news. Yesterday it was "new" things that Annistyn had done. Today she has some news to share. As most of you know her Uncle Chad and Aunt Kelly are expecting a baby in November. We found out this morning that IT'S A GIRL!!!! We actually all expected a boy- but are excited about it being a girl. Annistyn will have a little cousin to play dolls and dress up with. They will be 8 months apart, so I'm really excited that she will have someone to play with. Here's Uncle Chad with Annistyn:




We celebrated at Nana's tonight with a yummy dinner. I wish I had taken pictures of the gift basket we gave them. Today we made an Auburn burp cloth and bib set and monogrammed "War Eagle" on a diaper cover. We bought an Auburn onesie from Ansley Place and Mom sewed orange polka dot ruffles on the fanny. Of course, we included a big orange bow. At Nana's, Annistyn sat in the high chair by herself. What a big girl!! And just so you know, she slept GREAT last night in her crib and is sleeping there now.

One last thing before I go- here is what I made in Photoshop today:


Here is just the picture before and after I edited it:
Before:


After:


The main thing I touched up is the eyes. I seriously spent over an hour doing it. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way, but Photoshop is NOT user-friendly. I think I do pretty good with computers, but I have spent so much time trying to figure out Photoshop and I still only can do a few things. I was pretty excited about the eyes though. I didn't change her natural eye color either- just brought it out.
Okay- going to bed early tonight. I'm sure Finley Dog is already warming my spot up!
Photobucket

1 comments:

The Davis Family said...

I have loved checking your blog out to see what new outfits annistyn has on!! I totally agree with you about photoshop. I am doing the kids' scrapbook pages with it, and sometimes it takes me forever because I can't get it exactly like I want it. If I can be of any help let me know.