Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Can You Spell Spoiled?

A-N-N-I-S-T-Y-N is how you spell it our our house! Do you know any other 4-month old who has not one...not two...but THREE Exersaucers!?!
As if she wasn't rotten enough already, her Nana and Grandmommy came home from Pensacola yesterday with a car full of toys for her! She now has three Exersaucers- the "Tea Time" ExerSaucer for our house:




The Baby Einstein jumper for Mom (Grandmommy)'s house:




And the FisherPrice Laugh and Learn Jumperoo for Nana's house:



We would really hate for her to be bored!

Today is Tuesday, so it is also Blog Hop day. Today is favorite dish or recipe. We love to eat here at the Page house, so it was hard to choose a favorite. I finally decided on one to post.

This is one of Michael's favorites and it is REALLY easy. It is a great one to take to showers, church meals, or just to throw in the oven when company is coming over.

It doesn't really have an official name. I've seen it called Ooey Gooey Cake, Ooey Gooey Bars, Chess Squares, and my recipe book calls it "Better Than Sex Cake". I guess it just depends on what you want to call it!

Directions:
Mix a box of cake mix (yellow butter recipe, chocolate, or strawberry), 1 stick of butter, and 1 egg. Press in bottom of 9 x 13 pan.

Mix 8 oz. cream cheese, 1 box of powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and 2 eggs. Pour over what you've pressed in the pan.

Bake 45-55 minutes on 350 degrees.

Michael's favorite is the one with the butter cake mix. I kind of like the strawberry best- it's not quite as rich. They are all good- and super easy.

It's not the prettiest cake- you can sprinkle powdered sugar over the top for a little more curb appeal. I also like to cut it in squares and put it on a pretty platter if I'm taking it somewhere! Here is a picture of the strawberry version I baked last night:




MckLinky Blog Hop


Also, I'm sure you noticed the "facelift". I get bored looking at the same thing day after day, so I'm sure everyone else does too! This is the first time I made my own background instead of downloading one. I had fun with it! I tried to make the header match. Hopefully by the weekend, I will have my rotating header in place so that you will see a different header every 4 or 5 times you come visit. I saw it on another blog and I'm working on doing it on here also. It was pretty neat!

Also- Annistyn ate applesauce last night for the first time! She actually ate a pretty good bit. I think she liked it! I have GOT to order her a high chair for our house. I want a brown and blue one so it will match our kitchen. If anyone has any suggestions- let me know!

Enjoy the recipe and have a terrific Tuesday!


Photobucket

0 comments: