Friday, July 10, 2009

Little "Bow" Peep...An afternoon with no sleep

Well....you guessed it- Annistyn did not want to nap today. Her mouth has really been bothering her the last few days. She has been grabbing her cheek and crying more often and moving around a lot instead of sleeping soundly. It breaks my heart! We got some baby Oragel and I have given her Tylenol the last couple of nights, hoping to ease it up so she can sleep. Since she wouldn't take a nap, I thought we would do a little "bow show". I have bought her some new bows this week from a vendor at AMSTI. I took them all in the living room, propped her on the pillow, and got the camera out. She has her fingers in her mouth on almost all of these!
First, here is her new Christmas bow:



Now, for a different look- we could add the "A" bow pin. I think she was practicing her surprised face for Christmas morning :



I also have a festive reindeer and Santa clippie I bought that clip in the middle. I will show pictures of those later.
I have bought several Halloween outfits lately. I found this classic Halloween bow:



And I also got this one with the curly ribbon.



This one is her Daddy's favorite- the "Roll Tide" bow:



That completes our bow show for today. There was a cute kiwi green one that didn't want to stay in her hair. I'm going to change the clip out and maybe it will work better.

Here she is with no bow- just as beautiful as ever even though she has her hands in her mouth:



Our next order of business: HAPPY 4-month birthday to my sweet angel!!!!
Can you believe in just 4 months we went from this:



To this:


Here are some highlights from this month:
She started sleeping in her crib.
She started eating cereal.
She LOVES talking. Her favorite sounds are "ah-goo", "ooooo", and "ah-gee". When she's mad- she still says the infamous, "Ling-ling!"
She has started talking MUCH louder than last month.
You can tell when she recognizes someone. She will shift her weight towards things she wants to get to or people she wants to go to.
She sleeps from 8-11 hours at night and naps usually 2-3 hrs. in the afternoon and a couple of short naps during the day.
She still enjoys bath time. She loves her pink taggie blankie.
She likes to watch TV and LOVES her big brother- Finley. She will break her neck trying to see what he's doing. She talks to him and grabs his puppy beard. She smiles all over when he licks her feet. He loves her just as much.
She is learning to grab things- hair, earrings, toys, blankets, etc...
She loves to sing- especially the "3 Little Speckled Frogs" song.
She is still in some 0-3 month old clothing and 3-6 months as well. She can still wear a size 1 diaper, but I put her in size 2's so there's a little more leg room.
She can hold your hands and pull herself up to sitting (head first!) AND to standing. She can pretty much sit up alone, but I don't ever let her unless I have a hand close by.
Her legs have gotten quite chunky, but she still has narrow shoulders.
Her bottom tooth is coming in slowly- but surely! She likes to chew on her fingers.
She has almost mastered putting her pappy back in her mouth. She loves to put everything in her mouth!
She likes the painting of the fairy princess over her changing table. She gets so excited when she sees her and "runs" in place. It makes it a little difficult to change her.
She can roll over- but doesn't usually do it unless she's sleeping.
When she meets someone new, she has started doing this thing where she smiles, and then hides her face with her hand. She could not possibly have a shy bone in her body so I'm not quite sure where this is coming from!
Every month I say this, but I just love her more and more every day. Sometimes I feel like I'm just going to explode I love her so much!

Here are her presents for her birthday today. I thought this would be cute as it gets closer to fall. If we need to, I will put a shirt under this one.



I wanted the pants outfit, but I got the dress instead because the outfit only started at size 12 months. I thought this would work good in October and November with the pumpkins.



Okay- I've written enough! My little bow peep is FINALLY asleep so now I'm going to count some sheep!

Have a great weekend! :)
Photobucket

0 comments: