Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy July 4th!!!

I hope everyone had a festive and fun July 4th. We went to my grandmother's for a cookout and stayed until early afternoon. Then we brought Annistyn home around nap time. She took a 3 hour nap and guess who else took one- Mommy!!! I never get a nap! Usually I'm playing with Finley or doing other things while she sleeps. I haven't slept very good since we put her in her bed at night. It's a mixture between the anxiety from her being across the house and the baby monitor. I know I turn it up too loud. I'm afraid if I don't, she'll need me and I won't hear her even though I'm not a heavy sleeper. So I hear every sound she makes and she is a very noisy sleeper. So of course, when I hear her- I jump up and look at the monitor. If I'm unable to assess the situation on the screen, I walk all the way across the house to see about her. And of course, she's always fine. I haven't slept more than 1 1/2 hours at a time she moved to her bed. It's sad- I have an almost 4-month old who sleeps between 8 and 11 hours every night and I'm the one that's up every hour! Go figure!!! So the nap was great today. Okay- enough words! Here are pictures from today:


Humidity:








Here is a few I took of Annistyn in her patriotic outfit-of-the-day!











I wish I could say I bought that outfit on Ebay for $4.00, but it's a Kelly's Kids outfit I paid way too much for. Yes, it is precious, but I could have bought like 15 outfits on Ebay for what I had in that one. It wasn't the outfit that cost that much, but by the time you add shipping, and taxes, and $10.00 for monogramming (which I could have done myself!) it adds up. Anyway- live and learn!!!!

When Annistyn woke up from her nap today- she had the biggest mohawk! I took this picture, though our brown walls weren't the best back drop.




She slept in just her diaper today because she was hot when we came home from the cookout. She looked so silly with her hair going everywhere!

More advice- I know it is a holiday and a weekend, but if you plan on doing fireworks at your house, please be courteous to others. It is dark at 8:00 and that would be a great time to start them. 10:30 at night is not a time to start fireworks when you have neighbors. I have gotten up about 5 times to see about Annistyn because the idiots two houses down started their fireworks about 10 minutes ago. Finley does not like them either. So anyway- there's your free advice for the night! I know- call me July 4th Scrooge.

Well- hopefully everyone had a "blast" today! Hopefully everyone also remembered why we celebrate today. We are so blessed to live here in the United States!!!

Photobucket

0 comments: