Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Walk Down (the aisle of) Memory Lane

Tomorrow is the "Show us your Life" bloghop on Kelly's Korner Blog and I missed last week- so I'm doing both topics. Last week was "Show us your wedding dress". This week is "Show us and tell us about the rest of your wedding". Since I LOVE a good ole' fashioned wedding (what girl doesn't??) I was particularly excited about digging out some old (but not that old) photos to share. I think I mentioned yesterday how wonderful the relationship is between me and my scanner. Needless to say, you will be viewing pictures that I pulled from my facebook. It seems like it's been a lifetime since we shared that special day, but in reality it's only been 2 1/2 years.
We got married on December 30, 2006. It was exactly one year from the day we got engaged. Here are two pictures of me in my wedding dress.




The first one was taken about a month before my wedding. I was trying on my dress at home. That sweet kitty is the Late Bob Cat Smith Page. Bob was more than a pet...he was 20 lbs. of sweet kitty love. He went to kitty heaven on October 5th of last year leaving me with a lifetime of memories, a sense of emptiness, and four huge kitty prints on my heart. You can visit his online memorial here to read more about him. I love you Bob Cat!!!

Okay, back to weddings....
Here is my wedding party:



I had five bridesmaids, a matron of honor- Anna from yesterday's post, and a maid of honor- my sister, Shelley. Michael's sister was a bridesmaid and the rest were friends from highschool.

Our song that we played our photo slide show to at the rehearsal dinner was "A Page Has Turned". My sister (and maid of honor) started off our wedding by singing "God Blessed the Broken Road". During our wedding, we had two friends on acoustic guitars. They played "Keeper of the Stars", "How Beautiful", I walked down the aisle to "To Make You Feel My Love", and we walked back up the aisle to "Making Memories of Us". We got married in the church I grew up in- also where my mom and dad were married. Our ceremony started at 6:07. Yes, that was printed on the invitations. I have a weird OCD number thing....It would have said, "December 30, 2006, at six..." Don't worry- I use times like 32 sec. on the microwave. Or I might set my alarm clock for 5:14...or 6:02. Never on the hour... Just a random piece of information for you!
Here is the view from the back of the church. It was a candlelight ceremony:



I thought it was absolutely beautiful. Here are me and my handsome hubby:



Here is the groom's cake and wedding cake. My mom and Nana made and decorated both of them.




And here is my favorite picture- sorry it is not of good quality.



We danced to "You Look Wonderful Tonight" and my dad I danced to "I Loved Her First".

The best part of the day was when I first arrived at the church. Our flowers had been delivered and right beside my bouquet was a single white rose with a note that said, "See you at 6:07. I love you, Michael". It was soooo sweet. I just get chills thinking of now!

Oh, and to give credit where credit is due- my photographer was Cindy at Envogue Photographic- www.envougephotographic.com

Well...I think that's all I have for you!

I hope you enjoyed that walk down the aisle of memory lane. Between yesterday's old pics and today's, I want to go dig through all my old pictures and share memories with you!!!

Other news:
Annistyn is still loving pears.
Mommy has waaaaaay too much to do to get ready for back-to-school.
Daddy will be coming home tomorrow (HALLELUJAH!)
and Finley Dog will be ONE YEAR OLD tomorrow!!!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Natalia said...

Love your pics!

Beth P. said...

The picture of your ceremony lit by candles is awesome! Beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

I love the candles! I was looking at your profile since you mentioned you taught and were from Alabama. I know where Andalusia is, only because it is on the way to the beach! Ha. I teach 3rd grade in Birmingham. (Jefferson County System)My classroom blog is:
http://mrsskinner3.blogspot.com

I enjoyed looking at your class site!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

what a beautiful wedding and a cute blog! :) Became a follower!

Claire said...

What a beautiful wedding! And that kitty made my heart melt! Oh, and I have a numbers based OCD too :-).

Cxx

Unknown said...

What an adorable cat. My Bonkers was a big one too.
Your cakes look delicious. She did an amazing job.
Did you have your gown preserved?
I've so enjoyed looking at all the ladies' wedding photos. There's so much love, beauty and creativity.
I love your dress. Everyone looks so gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful day!