Thursday, September 10, 2009

I Blinked....

Everyone told me... but I didn't believe them.

And then it happened.

I blinked.

And this...



Became this...





This...




Is now this...




And this...



Grew into this....



My little tiny 5 lb. 4 ounce baby that I brought home from the hospital has turned into a babbling, crawling, laughing 6-month old who thinks she is a lot older than 6 months.

I did not know that 6 months could fly by so fast or that my baby would turn into a big girl right before my eyes.

These are the announcements I made that are going in the mail tomorrow.
Here's the front:




Here's the back:




So, Annistyn, what have you been doing over the last 6 months?

I was born! March 10, 2009



Me, Mommy, and Daddy survived me being in ICU!





I...

...came home- March 14


...met my brother



...took my first bath- March 17



...made my first glamour shots- 3 weeks old


...went to my first birthday party- May




...went on my first vacation- June 2009




...swam for the first time- June 2009



...started trying to stand up- June



...rolled over- June



...ate cereal- July



...played in my Exersaucer for the first time- July



...started trying to crawl- July



...ate babyfood- August 3



...sat up- August 5



...started trying to feed myself- August



...went to my first football game- August




At 6 months old-

Annistyn still fits into some 0-3 month clothing and pretty much all 3-6 month clothing. She wears size 2 diapers and weighs around 15 lbs. (We will go for her check-up next Wednesday) She looks pretty small everywhere but her legs. Her hair is filling in quickly. The big bows will stay in it now. It gets frizzy on humid days. There are definitely going to be some curls. Her eyes have a blue tint when she wears blue, but they have changed a lot this past month. We are beginning to see a lot more green.

She sleeps WONDERFULLY- sometimes 12 hrs. or more through the night. She takes 2 main naps- late morning and afternoon. Her favorite food is pears. Her favorite toys are any kind of books, her Exersaucer(s), and Finley Dog.

She scoots on the floor and has pretty much figured out the crawling- but doesn't show much interest in it. She wants to walk and is constantly trying to stand up. She has figured out how to push on things to stand up.

She can grab ANYTHING within reach and some things that you think are not within reach. It all goes strait to her mouth. When she chews on something she likes, she is VERY noisy. She is pretty noisy anyway. She talks ALL the time. It sounds a lot more like words than it did last month! She also likes to drop things on the floor and lean over and look for them.

She loves Mommy- but is very interested in Daddy when he comes home from work!

She is a good baby. She loves to play and is a great sleeper. She only cries when she is very sleepy or hungry. She is just a happy little girl! I guess if all babies were like her (and I could afford it!) I would want 5!!!

Every day it seems like she is doing something new. It's amazing how much she has learned in just 6 months.

What's even more amazing is that the last 6 months of my life have been filled with more happiness than the last 23 years. I cannot put into words what Annistyn means to me. She is the light of my life and has definitely stole my heart as well as her Daddy's.

She is a daily reminder that God answers prayers and that He blesses us with WAY more than we deserve.

Happy 6-Month Birthday to my precious angel!!!!





Photobucket

0 comments: