Saturday, September 5, 2009

Nailing Jello to a Tree

You may have heard the expression- "Raising teenagers is like nailing jello to a tree." Well, whoever came up with that has obviously never taken pictures of a 6-month old. Because (trying) to take pictures of a 6-month old is definitely like nailing jello to a tree.

Annistyn went to her friend Parker's birthday party today. (By the way- the party was great! Annistyn slept for 2 hours when we got home! She LOVED riding the Thomas the Train that they had at the party.) She was wearing her brown and blue outfit for the first time. I LOVE flair leg pants on babies and little girls- and she looked adorbale in them! I thought I would make some pictures when she woke up from her nap. I think I would have had more luck with the jello.

She chewed her fingers...



She tried to stand up....





She stuck her tongue out...



She lay down....



In spite of those things, I did end up with these:











It used to be so easy to take her picture because she couldn't go anywhere! Now it's like an act of congress to get her to cooperate. She is so silly!

I also got this picture of BOTH of my beautiful children.




Here are the other ones from her Thursday afternoon (Not Tutu Happy) photoshoot.








I know those from Thursday aren't that great- but I was just happy with those few pictures that she wasn't screaming in.

Well, I just wanted to share those pictures from today. Annistyn has been REALLY ill the majority of the day, so I'm surprised she let me get as many pictures as I did. I think it's her teeth bothering her. She has been really sleepy and has wanted me to hold her when she's awake. She likes to snuggle- but usually only when she's tired. She wants to play when she is awake. Today she slept until 8:30 this morning, then went back to sleep from 10-12. She got sleepy at the party and was SOUND asleep by the time we got home. She sleep until 4:45 at home and then fell asleep AGAIN around 6. I put her to bed at 8:45 and I haven't heard a sound. Poor baby! I can tell she just doesn't feel good. Hopefully tomorrow she will be back to normal!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Brookeanne said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves to post a zillion photos from the same photo session and is opt to do more than one a week ;)! She looks beautiful! Dressing up girls and taking their pictures is so much fun! What kind of camera do you use? Sorry to hear she's teething, that's no fun for anyone!

Heather said...

I feel your pain. My little one wouldn't cooperate with me this week when I tried to take her picture. Thank goodness she's not as mobile as your cute little one!