Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sleeping Beauties

Michael worked outside some today and wanted to play with Annistyn when he came back in. I left them in the living room and went to clean her closet and room. It's amazing how messy it can get considering she cannot even walk yet! I ended up cleaning out her drawers. I think I pulled out about 50 sleepers and onesies that were too small. I pulled one preemie sleeper out and held it up. I COULD NOT believe that she actually wore those when she came home. Anyway- back to the original story. I thought it had gotten a little quiet in the living room. When I walked through to take some things to the kitchen, this is what I found...



I thought it was precious. They didn't even notice me taking pictures of them!

Annistyn is crazy about Michael! When she is tired, hungry, or not feeling good, she only wants me. And if he's not around- I'm her #1 friend! But as soon as her Daddy walks in, he has her full attention. I couldn't even feed her sweet potatoes tonight because he was at the sink washing dishes and she kept trying to get his attention. She kept looking at him and making her spitting noise. Everytime she would do it, potatoes would fly everywhere. She is definitely a Daddy's girl!

Last night she got to wear her mermaid dress to dinner. I bought this dress when I was about 6 or 7 months pregnant. I stayed up until about 1:00 in the morning to bid on it on Ebay. Someone else had done the same thing. We were throwing bids left and right and as the time ticked down and the auction closed, I wasn't sure if she had outbid me in the last second or not. But I won! So you can imagine how disappointed I've been that it is a 3-month size dress and Annistyn has not been able to wear it until now. The shoulders were too big for her. She is really narrow. So I was excited to see her in it last night.




In this picture she is practicing for school by raising her hand. Way to go, Annistyn! Some of my Kindergarteners STILL cannot do that after 5 weeks of school!!!



Guess who she is reaching for in this one....



You're right! Daddy wins again! He walked into the room and it was like, "Mommy, who?" That's okay though. My mom was and still is my best friend, but you can bet your britches that I'm STILL Daddy's princess.

Speaking of my Dad- tomorrow is Grandparent's Day and I will have a special message for all of Annistyn's grandparents then- but I'd like to share what I made for my Dad for Grandparent's Day:



You may remember seeing those Harley pictures a couple of months ago. He already has a HUGE picture of me and my sister in leather jackets beside his Harley. I made a collage of pictures of his motercycle also for Christmas one year. So I think this will look great with those. They were just simple snapshots, but I blurred the background and turned them black and white. I know you get tired of seeing that same quote on everything- but I just love it!

Well, since Annistyn thought it was a work day and started her day at 6:45- I'm pooped. I got A LOT done today- but I'm still pooped. So I'm off to bed! Don't forget to wish your grandparents a HAPPY GRANDPARENTS DAY tomorrow!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Brookeanne said...

So what are you doing with all of Annistyn's clothes now that she has outgrown a bunch of them? I'm thinking we're going to be saving Claire's in case we ever have another girl but can't decide :)